State Street AIS Financial Reporting Manager, Assistant Vice President in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Be a part of the management team of a group of 200+ dedicated financial reporting professionals who are focused on delivering interim and annual US GAAP/IFRS financial statements to a diverse group of alternative investment managers.
- You’ll manage a diverse group of personnel involved in the preparation of interim / annual financial statements for alternative investments products (hedge, private equity, and real estate funds).
- You’ll act as the primary point of contact for clients with responsibility for implementing and supporting the service requirements of the various client relationships serviced within the group while ensuring that your clients’ regulatory and fund document deadlines are met
- You’ll be a source of technical support and guidance, including reviewing financial statements prepared by your teams and ensuring that all financial statements are accurate and prepared in accordance with the relevant GAAP prior to issuance to external parties (clients / auditors).
- You’ll set individual and team targets and priorities; maintain high standards of client service; conduct performance appraisals and give feedback on individual and team performance
You’ll support new business integration and ensure operating models are designed to deliver best of breed service to clients leveraging global footprint as necessary
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field
- 6-8 years of related experience including experience managing staff
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS investment company financial statements
- Previous experience servicing alternative investments
- CPA is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Ability to effectively represent the team to clients and internal stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: AIS Financial Reporting Manager, Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 171947
Full/Part Time: Full FTE