State Street AIS Project Team Manager, Managing Director in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The Risk and Compliance Team within the AIS Office of Operating Infrastructure is seeking an individual to oversee various projects related to regulatory and operational risk, including but not limited to Recovery and Resolution Planning (also known Living Will). You would be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation and execution of specific and cutting edge projects, ensuring consistency with the company strategy, commitments and goals. You will work closely with Alternative Investment business personnel, corporate support functions, and IT teams to perform duties. Your position requires interaction with senior and executive levels of management.
Your role will be part of a small team in the fastest-growing business at State Street (Alternative Investment Solutions) and liaise with functional areas including business operations, relationship management, finance, technology, and sales. You will have the opportunity to generate and implement ideas that streamline processes and enhance controls and to develop and manage project plans that analyze, diagnose, design and implement solutions for smaller projects or aspects of large, complex projects.
- Lead the end-to-end planning, management and implementation of small to medium projects and/or lead a work stream within a large strategic initiative
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Coordinate overall project communications, monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Interface with other business units involved in the project and coordinates the project team and activities across all organizations involved in the project
- Develop project plans, plan and schedule project timelines and monitor project milestones
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Provide direction and support to project team
- Present reports defining project progress, issues and resolutions for senior and executive management, among others
- Support the creation and maintenance of effective internal controls and implementing corrective actions to address any process and control deficiencies
- Exercise sound judgment with regards to matters of significance such as project coordination, including project budget, and risk management
- Create and execute on your own professional and career development plan
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
Perform other duties as required
A bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience
- Project management experience required
- Exceptional communication, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word; experience with Microsoft Access or Microsoft Project is a benefit
- Experience in working with Collaborate or Sharepoint communities a benefit
- Ability to manage expectations and deliver on time
- Ability to work with global team members
- Ability to multitask and navigate competing priorities
- Experience interacting with senior executives on a frequent basis
- Team player with a great sense of humor
- Highly motivated
Boston - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: AIS Project Team Manager, Managing Director
Job ID: 159634
Full/Part Time: Full FTE