State Street Cloud Site Reliability Engineer, Vice President in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
- The newly formed Digital Products Engineering group is positioned to bridge internal business units, technology research/architecture/application development teams and external partners to develop advanced, digitally enabled solutions that drive significant value to our clients and operating business lines.
- Core to these efforts are the engineering, build and operation of State Street's multi-cloud technology infrastructure. In short, we are assembling a team of cloud experts to provide global solutions for our internal groups as well as other financial giants.
- The cloud site reliability engineer role is focused on enabling complex designs via modular configurations / templates that assemble cloud provider services and integrate them with infrastructure applications to solve large scale needs. In addition, the role is on the forefront of monitoring production workloads to further enhance designs and deployment practices.
As a Cloud Site Reliability Engineer, you will deploy solutions in the public cloud (e.g., AWS) using configuration, provisioning and management tools (e.g., AWS CloudFormation). You are required to design configuration templates that are used to provision infrastructure components (i.e., AWS EFS, EC2, RDS, etc.) in a scalable manner. Once in production, your role is key to ensuring that solutions are performant and operational SLAs are maintained.
- Provide inputs to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility with respect to the overall system architecture
- Support architects in designing highly scalable and automated deployments for a wide range of applications
- ‘Templatize’ configurations using architecture blueprints
- Develop stable and scalable services across public cloud environments
- Automate compliance assessment of infrastructure resources against policy rules
- Make recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness
- Handle support escalations from developers requiring troubleshooting with existing configuration details
- Fulfill requests for new configuration templates as needed
- Prior experience in scripting and creating configuration templates using cloud provider tools (e.g., AWS CloudFormation)
- Experience in building infrastructure centric applications using contemporary languages (e.g., Python, Go)
- General knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies and methodologies, IT architectures and technical standards
- General knowledge of layered systems architectures
- General understanding of shared software concepts
- General knowledge of cloud-centric architectures and technical standards
- General knowledge of agile software development concepts and processes
- Consultative skills, including the ability to understand and assist in applying high level requirements to detailed configurations / templates
- Ability to consider potential implications and trade-offs of design requirements
- Familiarity in developing stable and scalable public cloud environments
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or related field
- 5 yrs of experience, of which 2 has been in a role using AWS, with appropriate certification strongly preferred
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Cloud Site Reliability Engineer, Vice President
Job ID: 162390
Full/Part Time: Full FTE