Harvard University Coordinator I in Boston, Massachusetts
Coordinator I (Project & Faculty Coordinator)
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Global Health and Population
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Duties & Responsibilities
The Department of Global Health and Population (GHP) improves global health through education, research, and service from a population-based perspective. Over the past half- century, our faculty members, students, and researchers have helped shape the field, and have launched some of the major ideas in global public health and population sciences. The Health Systems cluster within GHP focuses on the governance, financing, and delivery of health care at national and sub-national levels and within health institutions. We are thrilled to have a multi-year collaborative research project with Government of Malaysia to address universal health care and voluntary health insurance. By joining our team for the rest of the project through mid-2018, you would contribute to helping the Malaysia undertake significant steps to transform its health system as the country transitions to high income status, as well as advancing the field of health system reform.
The Project Coordinator role will provide administrative logistic support to the Malaysia Health Systems Reform Project (the "Malaysia Project"), will report to the non-faculty Project Director, and is anticipated to be 50-80% level of effort. S/he will communicate with and provide service to all members of the project team while developing strong relationships with administrative contacts within the GHP department. S/he will anticipate and resolve problems, and will update supervisor on status of projects. Specific duties include the following:
1. Organize and implement administrative systems and support duties for the Malaysia Project. Serve as principal source of information for project faculty and staff on established University administrative policies and implementation of them within the Department of Global Health and Population. Provide smooth day-to-day flow of communications within the project team and GHP.
2. Assist with editing and finalization of complex project reports (50+ pages) and presentations, including formatting, graphics and tables, proofreading, copy-editing, and compilation of academic references.
3. Prepare and maintain project records, review complex documents to assure compliance with University requirements, and notify supervisor of unusual situations.
4. Arrange use of facilities within and outside the University for conferences, seminars, and webinars. Compile budget for events for supervisor review, and coordinate vendor and participant logistics.
Duties and Responsibilities will be continued in the "Additional Information" section.
Please Note: This position has a term appointment of June 14, 2018.
- 3+ years of related experience; a combination of education and experience may be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.