State Street Data Steward Program Lead, Assistant Vice President in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The Data Governance team at State Street Global Markets (SSGM) is looking for a tech-savvy business person who is inquisitive, ambitious and has a sense of urgency to solve problems using data. This person will help lead the Data Governance team in our discovery, definition, and governance of data across Global Markets.
- The Data Steward Program Lead (AVP) is a key position on the SSGM Data Governance team, responsible for identifying and resolving all types of data issues. This position requires a combination of analytical and technical skills, as well as a solid understanding of policies and processes across the business.
- Participate in projects involving upstream and downstream data flows, processes and ownership.
- Execute data-related tactics and strategies to improve SSGM’s efficiencies in data management through collaboration with leadership, business and IT teams, working at both a business unit and corporate level.
- Contribute to a comprehensive business glossary, where the Data Governance team describes the definitions, ownership, business rules, and other characteristics governing critical data elements.
- Help drive Global Market Data Governance’s data quality efforts and initiatives, working closely with SSGM’s Head of Data Governance to design, develop and deploy policies and procedures, cultural changes, communications strategies, process redesign, and tool implementation as needed.
- Use tools to create dashboards, reports and visualizations of relevant metrics, allowing the Data Governance team to monitor the quality of data across Global Markets.
- Support the roll out of our data governance framework, priorities, change management strategies and communication plans.
- Position requires strong written and oral communications skills and a confident, collaborative style, working closely with, motivating and influencing the corporate Data Governance team (EDGM), other members of SSGM Data Governance, as well as business and technology teams, including business owners, subject matter experts, technology resources, and data stewards.
- Create documentation to be used by the appropriate groups and departments to resolve data issues, as well as keeping SSGM’s leadership informed on the state of data management efforts.
- Work with business functions to define and communicate data standards, policies and procedures to ensure a common business vocabulary and consistent information to leverage data cross-functionally.
- Ensure Data Governance processes are developed and clearly communicated, with an eye to continuous performance measures.
Work closely within the Data Governance team to contribute best practices, standards, policies, procedures and processes to optimize data management across SSGM
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science / Business / MIS (or equivalent work experience) preferred.
- Two to five years of experience in data governance, preferably in global financial services institutions.
- Deep understanding of enterprise data management concepts, principles and practices.
- Ability to understand data models and taxonomies, with a deep appreciation of data quality.
- Strong “soft” skills in collaboration, facilitation, coordination, logistics, presentation, marketing, and communication, as well as excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Outstanding project management skills; proficient with project management tools and techniques; can manage multiple issues simultaneously.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, prioritization and negotiating abilities.
- Able to tolerate and operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Data Steward Program Lead, Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 172680
Full/Part Time: Full FTE