State Street Project Consultant, Assistant Vice President in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The Business Controls Program Management Office (PMO) supports the successful execution of projects for State Street’s Business Controls Office. The business control function focuses on mitigating risk from within the first line of defense through control monitoring and enhancement. As a member of the PMO, the Project Management Consultant will participate in project selection and lead the planning and management of a portfolio of projects focused on opportunities to improve State Street’s internal controls and risk management practices. Additionally, the Project Management Consultant will further the Business Controls PMO’s objective of delivering successful projects through effective planning, establishment of clear priorities and development and execution of project management methods to ensure that all resources function at optimal levels.
- Leads the end-to-end planning and management of multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Under direct supervision, plans, organizes and controls the activities of cross-functional project teams
- Develops and maintains end-to-end project plans
- Coordinates project scope control
- Manages the change control process
- Manages project staffing, including external resources and vendors
- Coordinates overall project communications as well as risk and issue resolution
- Under direction, manages end-to-end project budget
- Coordinates project tracking and status reporting
- Drives on-time and on-budget delivery of projects
- Coordinates communication with sponsors and management concerning the project status and issues, including formal management reporting
- Identifies and uses best practices for project management
- Clearly communicates both verbally and in written format
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact of problems across the organization and facilitates a collaborative solution
- Performs other tasks, as assigned
- 6-10 years of experience managing complex projects, preferably in a large, global financial services institution
- Formal project management training and certifications
- Proficiency with project management tools and techniques
- Proven experience with risk and change management
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Effective at managing conflict and influencing others for results
- Exceptional command of Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Project, Visio, PPT and Excel )
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven leader and collaborator
- Experience in risk management, compliance and/or controls preferred
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Project Consultant, Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 172522
Full/Part Time: Full FTE