Tufts University Research Administrator - Office of the Vice Provost in Boston, Massachusetts
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.
Research Administrator - Office of the Vice Provost - 17001298
Responsible for administering standard portfolio of sponsored awards. Utilizing knowledge of academic area, works with faculty to develop sponsored proposals and to manage post-award compliance activities. May assist school management with other assigned program operation functions.
- Reviews funding proposal opportunity announcement or request for grant proposal to gain understanding of requirements, submission process and sponsor guidelines. Using the Research Administration System, prepares business components of grant application, prepares and routes proposal for internal approval, and submits proposal to the Office of Research Administration for final review and submission to the sponsor.
- Prepares proposal’s categorized budget and budget justification, confirming accuracy of costs. Verifies that correct facilities and administrative cost rate is applied. Identifies, obtains approval and ensures proper, documented cost share for proposal submission.
- Develops responses to sponsor requests related to submission, such as revised budget and other support request information.
- Once grant has been awarded, revises categorized budget as necessary. Provides information for appointment of individuals in compliance with grant provisions. Identifies need for advance accounts and no-cost extensions and takes responsibility for completing associated required internal documentation.
- Monitors award budget, reviews contract and subcontracted procurement and financial transactions. Works with Principal Investigator (PI), school, department and central administration to determine allowable and allocable project charges. Develops burn-rate analysis and budget projections in Axiom budget system as needed.
- Prepares timely and accurate grant award reporting and close-out documentation.
- May assist school management with other assigned program operation functions .
- The following required knowledge and skills as typically acquired by completing Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 1- 3 years of research administration experience.
- Knowledge of funding agencies and their programs.
- Understanding of regulations that govern federal research funding and related areas of regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with detail orientation.
- Excellent prioritization skills, strong analytical , problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in collegial, supportive manner with faculty and staff.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments with concurrent deadlines and frequent interruptions.
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet.
- Proficient with electronic grants management systems (i.e., grants.gov, NIH eRA Commons, NSF Fastlane, ProposalCentral, etc.) or ability to learn these and other applicable systems.
- Designation of Certified Research Administrator (CRA), Certified Pre-Award Research Administrator (CPRA), or Certified Financial Research Administrator (CFRA)
Travel between Tufts’ three campuses may be required.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Organization: Office of the Vice Provost
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: May 17, 2017, 8:09:16 AM