State Street Senior Business Analyst in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
This role requires experience in working with business clients to understand issues impeding their day to day activities. You should have previous experience and exposure to investment practices and supporting applications used in the investment industry. Excellent communication skills are required as the position involves you acting as a liaison between customers and subject matter authorities. You will interact and coordinate with business teams, managers, application development, along with various other IT teams as required. You will work with SQL, unix, XML, and FIX messaging to triage production issues. Working alongside our business partners, you will troubleshoot problems, establish system limitations that can be used for new builds, and help them test new additions as they are ready.
- Incident Management including major incidents
- Basic Data Maintenance
- Level 2 Support of finance applications including analysis of production issues that fall outside predefined procedures
- Assuming ownership of problems and driving towards their resolution
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary
- Monitor system for possible issues, performing system health checks as required
- Research issues to ensure service level agreements are met, and research application, data, and database related issues
- The ability to provide a time estimate for current activity is important
- Crafting SOP’s and training documents for Level 1 Support team
- Issue tracking via ticket tracking system and participation in Metric document production
- Effectively lead day-to-day tasks / activities in coordination with team management and application contacts
- You would be joining a global team so flexible scheduling will be needed
You would need to be able to work independently
Understanding of and ability to use PL/SQL
- Working knowledge of Autosys
- Strong knowledge of Unix/linux including shell scripting
- General understanding of Windows
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a production support, development, or business analyst role, preferably in the Financial Industry.
- Knowledge of Financial Markets crossing multiple asset classes
- Experience with the FIX Protocol and with XML
- Experience with Front Office Investment applications preferred
- Experience with code change tools (Clearcase, Clearquest, etc)
- Previous exposure to Bloomberg
- Bachelor’s Degree level qualification in a computer or IT related subject preferred
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Job ID: 167420
Full/Part Time: Full FTE