Randstad Senior Business Systems Analyst- Securities Finance in Boston, Massachusetts
Senior Business Systems Analyst- Securities Finance
date posted:Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Senior Business Systems Analyst to lead the business systems analysis for new software initiatives associated with Securities Finance business directives. The BSA will have a primary focus on analyzing, defining, and designing data feeds and reports for internal and external consumers. Candidate should have: 6+ years of experience as a business analyst.
Looking for candidates that really have the strong experience with reporting and business intelligence tools that I was looking for. Must have a strong technical aptitude that can help with data model design and principles.
Detailed responsibilities include:
Working closely with the developers to advise on the strategy to store/warehouse data that will be used for internal and external reporting that is related to the Securities Finance Agency lending business including advising on the data model design.
Assist in defining the database tables, packages, and Interactive Views that need to be established on the Business Intelligence tool
Defining the new mapping requirements for existing reports that need to be migrated to the new data model.
Assisting the project team Product Owner with developing stories and acceptance criteria.
Working with the SQA team by providing input into the test plan and test cases. Work with the business product owners to execute business user acceptance testing.
Lead the production parallel planning/strategy definition. Work closely with business product owners across all global sites to execute extensive production parallel validation and ensure that reports are working as expected against the new data model.
Lead the deployment and production cutover strategy with input from the project team and business product owners.
The candidate MUST be able to complete the following job responsibilities:
1) Researching and gathering business/system requirements through the facilitation of end user meetings and user interviews
2) Analyzing current processes to identify gaps and improvement opportunities and solutions.
3) Developing conceptual modeling and process workflows to illustrate current and future states (must be able to use Visio to produce process flows diagrams)
4) Developing detailed business and functional requirement documents; liaising with the Engineers to translate business requirements into technical implementation requirements.
5) Developing UI design and reporting requirements
6) Decomposing abstract and complex details/concepts into business and functional requirements that can be understood by the stakeholders (i.e. end users, developers, testers, etc.)
7) Communicating (verbal and written) project details and concepts to various audiences and levels of management
8) Preparing end user documentation and facilitating end user training
9) Defining the business deployment strategy and facilitating the business deployments
10)Leading the end to end SDLC - this includes participating and directing as needed the entire project from initiation to implementation to ensure business objectives are met - this includes actively participating in technical design and architecture reviews and test case reviews, etc.
Suitable candidate must have:
Experience working as a business analyst on financial service applications that deal with transactional processing and reporting associated with front-end trading and middle/back office processes
Knowledge of Custody/Market and Settlement processes is a must;
Securities lending knowledge is plus but not required.
Other skill sets include:
Some prior knowledge of development/coding, data modeling, and/or reporting design.
Knowledge of analyzing data requirements and developing data feeds and reports for internal and external consumers.
Knowledge of business intelligence reporting tools
Knowledge of CUSIPs and common industry asset identifiers
Knowledge of depositories, custodians, and subcustodians (e.g. DTC (Depository Trust Company)
Knowledge of market/settlement process concepts
Strong capabilities using data query tools, e.g. SQL.