State Street Senior IT Auditor - Infrastructure in Boston, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Information Technology, Senior Auditor, Infrastructure Audit Team
This role is part of the IT Infrastructure and General Controls Audit Team. This Audit Team will audit State Street’s data centers, networks, operating systems, and key IT control processes.
Senior Information Technology Auditor
- The Senior IT Auditor will be part of the IT Infrastructure and General Controls Audit Team.
- Performs audit work, risk and control assessments, as assigned using the Division’s audit methodology to evaluate risk, determine control objectives and verify the extent to which client control techniques meet objectives at State Street IT locations around the globe.
- Devises effective and efficient tests of key controls and risk, executes and documents audit work and concludes on the results of audit tests and overall effectiveness of controls.
- Provides consultation to Corporate Audit Division staff on information technology matters.
- Executes technical portions of reviews and supports the audit staff in technical skills.
- Escalates audit issues to senior management. Interacts with line and senior managers to develop and negotiate solutions. Follows up on issues with senior managers to ensure carry through of resolutions.
- Documents workpapers in accordance with Division standards to clearly communicate risks and core audit issues.
- Develops and maintains strong client relationships focused on enhancing the overall effectiveness within their assigned area.
- Monitors work to ensure all audits comply with COSO, Division and IIA standards.
- May supervise staff members and perform full project management on audits. Prepares and discusses written staff performance evaluations after each in-charge assignment in accordance with Division Standards.
- May participate in the review of system development or business process projects; provides guidance to teams on risk and control issues.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. CISA, CPA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred.
- Must have a CISA or be willing to take the CISA exam within 1 year.
- Minimum 4 years specialized technical audit or related experience.
- Technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas is required: Internet Security, Operating System security (UNIX, Windows, Novell) and network technologies (routers, switches, firewalls).
- Experience in the following areas is desirable: cloud computing, virtualization, middleware messaging and web security tools, database management systems (Oracle, Sybase, UDB, DB2, MS SQL), Identity Federation and Delegated Authentication, SOA, lean Six Sigma, and z/Linux
- Solid understanding and knowledge of Institute of Internal Auditor and Division standards.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of COSO, AICPA, COBIT, Sarbanes-Oxley and SOC 1 / SSAE 16, standards and laws and regulations applicable to the assigned area of responsibility.
- Strong analytical, written communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Develop staff through coaching and mentoring.
- Good relationship management skills.
- Detail and deadline oriented.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to travel both domestically and international to State Street locations around the global. Travel will range up to 20 % annually.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Senior IT Auditor - Infrastructure
Job ID: 170437
Full/Part Time: Full FTE