Altra Industrial Motion Internal Audit Manager in Braintree, Massachusetts
Global manufacturing company seeks Internal Audit manager to lead process management and supervise local staff.
Are you passionate about understanding and improving processes? Do you love leading teams? And do you have the communication, judgement, and supervisory skills to motivate a global team?
We are looking for an Internal Audit Manager to lead our North American audit team as we build out our internal audit function to respond to our expanding business. As a key member of the team, the Internal Audit Manager will work closely with the Internal Audit Director and serve as a lead for improving processes, ensuring smooth communications, standardizing processes, ensuring Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance, working with internal team members, external auditors and consultants to meet strict deadlines, and managing audits and special projects as needed for our team.
- Seeks to develop a clear understanding of the businesses and processes that present risk to the Company by building relationship with all levels of management
- Leverages technology to automate processes and communications. Create a virtual office where collaboration is the norm and sharing is encouraged.
- Performs on-going risk assessments with senior management across the business. Assesses the adequacy of manual and systemic controls in mitigating risks to a business process or application.
- Collaborates with the Director Internal Audit to develop short and long-term audit plans and schedules based on risk assessment results. Creates clear expectations for both staff and customers (auditees) Communicates audit objectives and services to the client and other team members. Executes and manages toward the completion of the audit plan. Manages multiple audits concurrently with different project teams and clients. Contributes to the development of the departmental budget.
- Oversees the execution of audit procedures, analyzes evidence, reaches conclusions, identifies issues, develops strategies, and makes decisions for complex judgmental issues related to the audit procedures executed. Consults with others in the company, as necessary, on complex issues. Reviews, in a timely manner, working papers, draft audit reports, and memoranda as consistent with authoritative guidance and departmental requirements.
- Assist audit staff in reaching their full potential, including conducting meaningful and timely performance reviews, serving as a positive role model and mentor and assisting in the design and implementation of individual development plans.
Support the External Auditors and completes special projects as needed.
Experience, Skills, and Education
- 4-6 years of Financial Audit experience, preferably inclusive of manufacturing or Professional Services sectors. Possession of professional certifications (e.g., CMA, CISA, CIA and/or CPA) is preferred. IT audit experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting required. MBA or MSA preferred.
- Driven, professional comfortable with leading discussions and communications with team members and collaborating with all levels of an organization’s management team. Exceptional interpersonal and presentation abilities. Fully developed written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Proven experience with the integrated audit approach and SOX implementation.
- Success with on-the-job training and proven ability to develop and lead a team. Demonstrates ability to monitor and develop strategies and procedures in compliance with auditing standards.
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, Sarbanes–Oxley implementation as well as fundamentals of COSO, COBit and financial statement assertions and other regulatory requirements.
- Be an effective team player.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 30% - 35%
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments accordingly
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 9/15/2017
Location: Braintree, MA
Job Type: Finance, Management, Other