Harvard University Business Analyst, Harvard Law School Donor Services in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Auto req ID 42622BR
Business Title Business Analyst, Harvard Law School Donor Services
School/Unit Harvard Law School
Location USA - MA - Cambridge
Job Function Alumni Affairs and Development
Time Status Full-time
Schedule Monday through Friday, 9 to 5
Department HLS^DEV^Donor Services
Salary Grade 057
Union 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Duties & Responsibilities Reporting to the Director of Donor Services, the Business Analyst will analyze, develop, implement, and deliver technical and reporting solutions to support the business needs of the HLS Alumni Center. The position will be responsible for understanding trends that will inform operations and strategy, as it relates to using data to increase the effectiveness of fundraising, prospect management, and alumni engagement activities. This position provides direct user end support for a variety of reporting tools to simplify processes, and improve service.
• Provide data analysis and reporting for deans, directors, and other staff of the Alumni Center using a combination of reporting tools and data sources.
• Develop custom reporting and data analysis for the Dean for Development to support data-driven decision making.
• Develop and maintain custom views, tables, procedures, and jobs stored in our SQL Server database.
• Create and maintain reporting solutions to assist with financial reconciliation of cash, pledges, credits, and gift accounts, assuring compliance with University, IRS, and FASB regulations.
• Work closely with the Director to interpret and document business needs of stakeholders to develop timely analytical solutions.
• Work closely with HLS data and central university teams on the implementation of a new QlikView reporting environment as well as build Qlik View models.
• Partner with the Prospect Development team to create analytical solutions for prospect data mining and research.
• Lead a wide-range of data projects and work collaboratively with other business units to create analytical solutions for data mining.
• Serves as an integral member of the HLS database team, developing new internal policies and procedures for data requests and analysis, and serves as a liaison to the central Harvard reporting team (CAADS/BI) and will be responsible for testing applications and perform data quality audits.
• Coordinate with CAADs and other team members to build and share knowledge, ensuring consistent delivery of information.
• Serve as an expert in fundraising data in order to support the critical and complex gift and prospect reporting needs of the department.
• Perform related duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications College degree, with 5+ years of progressive and related experience in report writing and managing/analyzing data preferably in a higher-education philanthropic setting.
Additional Qualifications The successful candidate will have the following key attributes; the ability to communicate and reason, and, will have intermediate to advanced proficiency in reporting and statistical software and proficiency working in complex databases.
• Experience using data for decision-making, reporting, and analysis.
• Experience in report development and a comprehensive understanding of relational databases.
• Experience building Qlikview applications from multiple data sources.
• Demonstrated experience with reporting application tools such as Crystal, SQL, Oracle or other data/reporting languages/software.
• Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to locate and interpret philanthropic, engagement and related data points.
• Demonstrated experience in leading complex projects and have the ability to work under pressure, prioritize and handle several projects simultaneously and have the ability to switch priorities as needed.
• Must have an understanding of quantitative tools and techniques.
• Strong communication skills, with ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
• Must possess demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Knowledge of/familiarity BSR/Advance application.
• Understanding of financial reporting and auditing.
• Experience in Development, or knowledge of fundraising practices.
Additional Information All offers to be made by HLS Human Resources.
Pre-Employment Screening Criminal
EEO Statement We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.