Stanley Black and Decker Engineer - Synergy in East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
General Responsibilities: The synergy Engineer will provide engineering focus, support and project leadership to drive synergy projects and goals, along with supporting Core operations where required. He/She will prioritize, coordinate and execute on projects identified. He/she will create detailed work plans to manage manufacturing projects in excess of $ 500k and demonstrates the ability to complete these efforts on time and at cost. Demonstrate a strong level of commitment towards delivering consistent results.
Synergy - The legacy Newell Tools segment ( Lenox, Irwin, hilmor ) was recently acquired by Stanley Black and Decker. During the integration process, the businesses have identified many areas to improve our resource utilization. These resource optimization projects will drive down the cost of doing business, and we refer to them as synergy projects.
- Consistently deliver highly complex projects in excess of $500k.
- Applies solid technical expertise to direct, troubleshoot and ensure project success.
- Utilizes a solid technical expertise to expand internal process knowledge.
- Administer technical training and support as required.
- Analyze and resolve process problems utilizing SPC techniques, and strong analytical skills.
- Hands-on equipment trouble shooting and process improvements.
- Initiate and implement cost reduction programs related to process methods and technology.
- Works very closely with the operations team to propagate the principals of Flow and Lean Manufacturing.
- Produce positive project results through solid data gathering and measurement tools.
Climate: Works with a minimum of supervision intervention. Position requires a self starting, highly motivated individual with better than average planning and time management skills. Will work within a rapidly changing manufacturing process driven by a climate of continuous improvement and constant product evolution. Work is conducted in an environment of management and hourly factory skilled and non-skilled personnel, with special emphasis on practicing team principles.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent related experience, preferably in hardware, tools or packaging.
- 5-7 years in related Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
- Project management skills including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously using Excel and MS Project software
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, with an emphasis on a “hands on” approach.
- General knowledge in the areas of metallurgy, dimensional controls, heat treating and inspection methods.
- Strong computer skills
- Basic design skills and knowledge of GD&T;, Pro-E and AUTOCAD
- Strong and persistent drive to deliver positive results.
Hours:8:00 am-5:00 pm
Requisition Number: 48049BR
Title: Engineer - Synergy
Business: US - GTS - Hand Tools Accessories and Storage (HTAS)
State / Country / Province: Massachusetts
City: East Longmeadow
No. of Positions: 1
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.