Pep Boys Speed Shop Specialist in Everett, Massachusetts
Auto Plus SM is a U.S.-based leading automotive aftermarket company with over 3,500 employees in over 270 locations throughout the country. On February 4, 2016, Icahn Enterprises L.P. acquired The Pep Boys -- Manny, Moe & Jack with the intent to combine the operations of Pep Boys and Auto Plus. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been a leading automotive aftermarket chain. With over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico, Pep Boys offers name-brand tires; automotive maintenance and repair; parts and expert advice for the Do-It Yourselfer; commercial auto parts delivery; and fleet maintenance and repair. Combined, Auto Plus and Pep Boys (the "Company") have approximately 23,000 employees in over 1,000 locations in the United States and Puerto Rico and $3 billion in annual sales.
The Speed Shop Specialist is responsible for the sales, profitability, superior service and the effective operation of the Speed Shop within one location. A successful Speed Shop Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the Speed Shop operates under safe conditions according to the established policies and procedures and in full compliance with federal and state regulations. The Speed Shop Specialist will work closely with Store Management to ensure the Speed Shop business is organized and operating at optimal efficiency while meeting the needs of every customer by adhering to Do It Right Related Selling and Repair Excellence Standards. The Speed Shop Specialist is expected to develop and provide inspirational leadership and direction to a team of one or more.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Speed Shop Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the Speed Shop's sales, inventory, productivity, profitability, work environment, safety, and operational compliance. These essential duties are measured through various reporting tools, periodic assessments, Speed Shop Director & Area Director store visit feedback.
- Comply with company policies and procedures as outlined in the Human Resources and Stores Operations Manuals. Must ensure training completions are maintained at 100%.
- Provides procedural guidance and technical direction to ensure associates comply with policies and procedures, loss prevention, safety, federal and state regulations, and environmental codes and ordinances.
- Will be the primary resource for technical matters, advice, direction and assistance related to installation and proper application of performance merchandise.
- Will passionately focus on customer needs, and drive the performance business with the highest degree of integrity and trust. Must be approachable by both customers and associates.
- The successful Speed Shop Specialist will be expected to balance administrative duties, satisfy existing customers and drive new business.
- Provide regular updates on the performance of the Speed Shop, identifying trends, requests and merchandising recommendations.
- Hold local "cruise nights" and or "car show" events at the store location to build relationships with local car clubs and car enthusiasts a like. Provide local advertising (attend car shows and enthusiast events) to promote the Pep Boys Speed Shop and availability of aftermarket accessories. Comply with marketing initiatives, developed and designed to build Speed Shop awareness locally.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Directly manages one or more associates in the Speed Shop area. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports. Will be expected to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Reporting: Store Manager of Parts
Potential Schedule: Days, Nights, Weekend, Holidays
Type of Store: Retail
Job Status: Full-time
Location Number: 00419
Location Name: PBY MA Everett-00419