Vinfen Professional Relief in Fall River, Massachusetts
As a Relief Licensed Practical Nurse (L.P.N.), you will participate in the comprehensive assessment of physical health of the people Vinfen serves on a per diem basis. Your work will be in a clinically intensive program that is tailored to meet the needs of a unique specialized population who have brain injuries, intellectual and developmental disabilities, or psychiatric conditions, and complex health needs. In your role you will work together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives.
L.P.N. duties include providing nursing care, administering medication under the Medication Administration Plan (MAP) guidelines, and assisting individuals to become more a part of their communities. You will employ rehabilitation values, principles and techniques, including skills training, to help individuals served overcome barriers and to live more independently.
Additionally, the L.P.N. will communicate any change in status to appropriate individuals, perform individual assessments with any change of status, and provide skilled nursing interventions as indicated.
All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background and driving record check.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits and perks!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: LPN, L.P.N., Licensed Practical Nurse, Medical, community based, home care, healthcare
- A bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field is preferred, but experience may substitute for education. High school diploma or GED required.
- Current L.P.N. license.
- Experience working with people with brain injury strongly preferred.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year.
All applicants must become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment.
##Driving & Vehicle Requirements
License check required; vehicle access preferred
FULL-TIME: Part Time Relief - Per Diem
City: Fall River
Region: South Shore / Cape Cod
Pay Rate: $30 / hour
Schedule: Per diem; hours may vary.
Standard Hours per Week: 1