Vinfen Program Director Recovery Learning Center in Fall River, Massachusetts
The Program Director will direct the operation of peer-operated Recovery Learning Community (RLC) setting(s) in which people with lived experience of mental health conditions choose to join as participants and workcollaboratively on their recovery goals along with their peers. Other responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively with all other providers of RLC services within the contract to create a unified network of recovery-oriented support and activities.
- Strive to meet high quality standards and provide excellent value to participants.
- Provide leadership and consultation to participants and staff on implementing recovery-focused groups and activities.
- Use and help RLC staff and volunteers to use rehabilitation values, principles and techniques, including skills training to help participants overcome barriers to their recovery
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits and perks!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Peer, lived experience rehabilitation, social counselor, social worker, provider, support staff, social services provider, counselor, mental health, psychiatric, social services, mentor, counseling, social work, group home, DSP, Direct Care, psychology, mental illness, mental health, psychiatric, outreach worker, outreach services, community based, human services, nonprofit, crisis, trauma, advocacy, recovery.
- Lived experience of a psychiatric condition required.
- A minimum of two years experience in progressively responsible human services positions required.
- One or more years of supervisory experience preferred.
- A high school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree preferred. In some cases, experience may be substituted for academic training.
- Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) credential preferred.
- Preference given to bi- lingual/bi-cultural applicants.
##Driving & Vehicle Requirements
License check required; vehicle access preferred
FULL-TIME: Part time - Regular
City: Fall River
Region: South Shore / Cape Cod
Pay Rate: $35,625 / Year
Standard Hours per Week: 30