Vinfen Recovery Youth Leader in Fall River, Massachusetts
As a Recovery Youth Leader, you will Coordinator, he Recovery Youth Leader will help address the needs and goals of the Transitional Age Youth (TAY) population by participating in TAY seminars, trainings and events. The Recovery Youth Leader will facilitate events and programs of the Recovery Learning Center that will foster a warm and welcoming environment. The Recovery Youth Leader will also communicate, represent, and promote the Youth Peer movement within the RLC and facilitate Peer-run groups.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits and perks!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: rehabilitation, social counselor, social worker, provider, social services provider, counselor, mental health, psychiatric, social services, mentor, counseling, social work, psychology, mental illness, mental health, psychiatric, outreach worker, outreach services, community based, human services, nonprofit, crisis, trauma, advocacy, recovery.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Human Services and/or a Certified Peer Specialist certificate is preferred.
- Lived experience of a psychiatric condition required.
- Applicants must be of transitional age between 18-25.
- Current or previous experience as a recipient of mental health services required.
- Basic familiarity inclusive of ability to enter and access data/information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to instill confidence and to advocate for South East RLC participants.
- All applicants must become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and CPSS certified within 150 days of employment.
All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background and driving record check.
##Driving & Vehicle Requirements
No license check or vehicle required
FULL-TIME: Part time - Regular
City: Fall River
Region: South Shore / Cape Cod
Pay Rate: $12.00 / Hour
Standard Hours per Week: 10