IDC Research Director, Service Robotics in Framingham, Massachusetts
IDC is the most respected global technology market research firm operating in over 110 countries worldwide. Our collaborative, innovative and entrepreneurial culture is the perfect place for you to discover your future.
- Responsible for the development of research for IDC's global coverage of Robotics technology as it relates to commercial markets for service robotics, such as logistics, retail, hospitality, and healthcare.
- Focused on developing new business for Robotics in addition to setting and fulfilling the research agenda.
- Serves as product leader, demonstrating financial success through revenue growth, program profitability and expense management.
- Manages Program revenue and consulting payouts Demonstrates understanding of IDC’s financial P&L; system and how to manage and develop business to achieve objectives of that system.
- Recognized as internal and external industry expert by clients, sales, press, and peers
- Develops most research for program(s) under his/her management, especially the thought leadership.
- Establishes and carries out a business development and client renewal strategy for program under management.
- Leads consulting projects and custom work associated with program area. Develops and delivers presentations for clients and industry conferences.
- Effectively collaborates with IDC/Insights groups to achieve mutual goals. Effectively works with regional counterparts.
- May include indirectly supervising the work of others including mentoring more junior analysts and or overseeing the work of others on a project team, in the same research program or related programs.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA a plus
- 10+ years of previous market research experience or in a related industry
- Demonstrated public speaking skills
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS
- Excellent interpersonal skills for client inquiry and internal collaboration
- Excellent documentation skills along with verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate and report data analysis
- Demonstrated ability in working under pressure and competing deadlines
- Ability to forecast and publish timely changes to market conditions
- Exhibits industry presence and Thought Leadership
- Ability to travel (30-40%)
- Writes documents that are actionable and relevant for the target audience
- Ability and interest in collaborating in a global environment
About IDC: International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For 50 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company.
IDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, handicap, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, ancestry, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or other categories protected by law.
Requisition #: 2017-1243
Functional Area: Research
# of Openings: 1