Vinfen CBFS Employment Specialist in Hyannis, Massachusetts
As an Employment Specialist I, you will work on a Collaborative Action for Recovery (CAR) Team to provide community-based support to people with psychiatric conditions and behavioral health challenges living in a small group residential setting or an individual living arrangement. Using a motivational interviewing and strengths based rehabilitation approach, you will engage with clients and help them evaluate their current life circumstances compared to their hopes, dreams and plans for the future.
This is a fast paced, community-based position geared toward helping clients engage in the recovery process and become a part of their community. In your role, you will be providing support to clients receiving Community Based Flexible Support (CBFS) services in order to obtain and retain employment consistent with their goals. The Employment Specialist will engage clients and establish trusting, collaborative relationships directed toward the goal of competitive employment in community job settings with other workers without psychiatric disabilities. You will also provide clients and other CAR team members with information and expertise about supported employment, and help the team think about employment for people who haven't yet been referred to supported employment services.
In your role you will work together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives by either building independence skills or increasing each person's quality of life.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits and perks!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: rehabilitation, social counselor, social worker, provider, social services provider, counselor, mental health, psychiatric, social services, mentor, counseling, social work, psychology, mental illness, mental health, psychiatric, outreach worker, outreach services, community based, human services, nonprofit, crisis, trauma, advocacy, recovery.
- A bachelor's degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field preferred, but experience may substitute for education. High school diploma or GED required.
- Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner (CPRP) preferred.
- Prior Human Services experience, preferably working with people with serious mental illness, experience providing employment services, and knowledge of the work world preferred. Sales experience helpful.
- Ability to successfully work as part of a team.
- Strong time management skills, writing skills, organizational skills.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year. Additionally, this position requires a fully insured vehicle that you will use in the course of your daily work. You must be willing to transport clients in your vehicle.
- All applicants must become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment.
All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background and driving record check.
##Driving & Vehicle Requirements
License check and vehicle access required
FULL-TIME: CBFS Employment Specialist
Region: South Shore / Cape Cod
Pay Rate: $40,800 / year
Schedule: Mon - Fri , 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Standard Hours per Week: 40