Canyon Ranch SpaClub Program Advising Training Supervisor in Lenox, Massachusetts
At Canyon Ranch our mission is to inspire people to make a commitment to healthy living, turning hopes and intentions into the highest enjoyment of life. Every member of our team is passionate about inspiring our guests and each other to make that commitment to healthy living… and change lives forever. Our team has tremendous longevity, where more than half have been with Canyon Ranch for at least five years. Our culture is one of caring and helping, where we delight in making a difference in someone’s life. We were the pioneers in the healthy living vacations, and continue to offer a world class experience to our guests and staff every day. If you have passion and care to make a difference, please introduce yourself by applying, and learn more about our exceptional team at Canyon Ranch.
We currently have an opportunity for a Program Advising Training Supervisor in our Lenox, MA location..
Scope: Responsible for training and motivating staff on all facets of knowledge and customer service required for a Program Advisor to perform at the highest level of confidence in their position. Training will include all onboarding of new staff in the department, by creating and implementing an in-depth training plan, with a strong knowledge and customer service focus. Following successful completion of on-boarding, training will continue with regular coaching and training of staff in using their resources to assist and guide our guests, develop problem solving and customer service skills, through direct monitoring of interactions with guests. For current staff, responsibilities include on-going training on a regular schedule, including review of services, classes and lectures as well as updating staff on internal and external department updates. All training to be focused on customer-service, continuing education and strong teamwork principles. This individual will participate as a member of the Program Advising Management Team with input on departmental decisions.
- Manage and provide regular training for staff on all services, lectures and classes, rotating through each department regularly.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of Concept, OPERA, Outlook, GEP, The Guide to Services, and This Week at Canyon Ranch.
- Create motivational plans to keep the team engaged in acquiring knowledge and providing guidance to our guests during their visit to ensure a positive guest experience.
- Monitor guest interactions with staff and provide coaching, when needed, or consult with management if a development plan is required.
- Organize and update all department procedures (SOPs).
- Incorporate suggestions for new ideas to enhance operations in the department.
- Improve guest communication by shadowing staff regularly and providing immediate coaching feedback to staff
- Create coaching sessions based on guest comments feedback, booking errors and staff input
- Assume any line level role as staffing levels dictate
- Train new staff on all the duties of their position, including in-depth knowledge and understanding of Concept, OPERA, Outlook, GEP, Guide to Services, This Week at Canyon Ranch, the Canyon Ranch Website and other Canyon Ranch properties.
- Prioritize the commitment to the Canyon Ranch vision and Program Advising’s connection to that vision.
- Create and implement training plans for new employees, setting the highest service standards for assisting guests in the planning of their stay.
- Mentor new staff to encourage an environment of learning and free exchange of ideas and suggestions.
- Monitor progress of training and update management with any issues.
- Provide Leadership and supervision for the Program Advising department in the absence of the Program Advising Manager
- Monitor staffing levels and business needs; make adjustments as needed.
- Responsible for handling guest or staff issues if presented.
- Must have 2 years customer service experience.
- Experience in a life coaching or counseling environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have excellent communication, organizational, and guest relation skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Must possess strong computer skills.
- Must have the ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks.
- Must deliver results and continually improve results.
About Canyon Ranch At Canyon Ranch we understand that benefits matter. We are unique in the hospitality industry in our philosophy that all staff members are encouraged to take advantage of classes, lectures, spa and fitness equipment & programs offered every day. In addition, staff members are eligible for generous discounts on services, hotels stays, products and even community partner discounts.
Complimentary access to dozens of movement classes and lectures every day
Complimentary access to gyms and fitness facilities
Monthly Family Night programming for staff members to bring a guest and enjoy special staff only events presented by our professionals
Access to wearable fitness technology and other products that motivate at our cost through convenient payroll deductions
Employee Assistance Plan
Paid Time Off
Location: Lenox, MA Resort
Internal status: FT
Anticipated hrs/week: 40