Park Place Technologies Senior Trade Compliance Specialist in Marlborough, Massachusetts
Park Place Technologies
Park Place Technologies is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
Legal • Marlborough, Massachusetts
This position provides expertise on export/import regulations, policy, monitoring and controls to ensure compliance with l, U.S. and foreign regulations in international business activities. The candidate will contribute to the delivery of best practice system and tool solutions in support of business processes and procedures. with a focus on export activities including managing all necessary export and import authorizations, licenses, permits, certifications and technology release determinations. Candidate will act as the organization's leader for technology control and compliance and have oversight for all global exports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide oversight for trade compliance matters across Park Place Technologies based on local and international regulation including:
• Develop and implement procedures that support international trade policies to ensure full compliance with the US and international regulations regarding import and export of material, information and technology.
• Design and launch pre-vetting upstream in the business quote process to assure compliance.
• Work with legal counsel to ensure compliance for all import and export transactions.
• Author applicable global policies, procedures, training and publish / maintain trade compliance manuals.
• Prepare, submit for and manage export licenses and agreements as well the monitoring of shipments.
• Provide necessary trade compliance training supporting all regions and provide updates for all identified and impacted employees having influence on the export compliance functions.
• Maintain and assist with the implementation of company export compliance procedures and work instructions.
• Provide for and maintain appropriate assignment of EIN, Harmonized code, etc. and review and validate the export classifications of parts and services intended for business use by Park Place Technologies.
• Conduct internal audits to routinely assess the export/import compliance of the organization.
• Export Authorizations Management: Draft and manage export authorizations (ITAR agreements, licenses, and exemptions; EAR licenses and exceptions), ensure timely submission and monitor status through the application, activation and management processes. Work closely with business unit customers and stakeholders to ensure that, for each application, all required information is obtained and applications are complete and accurate.
• Maintain a good relationship with program counterparts and be aware of the program developments to ensure export authorization needs are recognized in advance and addressed on a timely basis to support on-going business activities.
• Implement required standard work, coordinate export requirements with program and export management, ensure compliance with company policies and U.S. import and export regulations in relation to hardware, technical data, and defense services. Consideration must be made for all host countries where Company may have an operating presence to remain in compliance with local laws.
• Participate, as required, in process improvement projects to ensure that business needs and requirements are sufficiently addressed.
• Ensure that authorization users are trained and aware of the requirements and coverage of authorizations. Effectively communicate with foreign parties as required to ensure they are updated and trained per Company policy.
• Participate in the development of a country specific reverse Logistics process by ensuring that import/export and any other Government regulations are followed.
• Lead development of an import/export matrix to provide Supply Chain with the optimal routes for sourcing and shipping product to all geographies.
• Take a Key role in the creation of a geographic specific e-waste procedure as dictated by local regulations and US laws.
• Work closely with Legal Department as needed and to insure coordination and consistency of Company Policy and Practices.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Other duties as assigned.
Directly manages assigned employee group. Carries out management and supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Education Bachelor's degree required.
Experience Minimum 10 years' experience in export compliance.
Minimum 3 years' experience in management role.
Minimum of 10 years' experience in the computer hardware industry preferred.
Must possess comprehensive experience within the computer hardware, networking and communications products based compliance and control activities related to Import and Export.
Experience in use of ITAR exemptions and EAR exceptions for export transactions.
International experience in trade compliance across all regions.
Experience working in or with US Department of Commerce and DoD environment.
Familiarity with using electronic compliance tools such as MKDenial and/or OCR Ease.
Familiarity with Federal Corruption Practices Act (US FCPA), Anti-bribery laws and similar European Acts such as UK Bribery Act.
Understanding of export laws and requirements of the United States, the APAC, EMEA and LATAM region.
Certifications or Licenses Certified US Export Compliance Officer strongly preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Demonstrated ability to obtain and maintain a current understanding for all government related compliance matters.
Ability to effectively interact with diverse groups involved in the import/export process: logistics, marketing, finance, legal, sales, shipping/receiving and contracts.
Self-starter with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and maintain flexibility in fast paced highly regulated environment; works proactively to ensure smooth operations and effective collaboration.
Must possess excellent leadership, analytical, verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to manage competing priorities and meet multiple goals, plans and milestones.
Must have a high level of initiative and be able to work independently.
Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of applications, managing trade data & analysis.Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking and to coordinate across multiple corporate-level functions. Develop conclusions based on analysis of data and understanding of impact to business/customer. Anticipates implications of decisions; finds solutions with minimal guidance. Able to analyze and think critically when confronted with complex issues. Shows initiative to implement within aggressive deadlines using sound judgement.
Communication Skills: Must possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to work across functional and organizational lines. Ability to efficiently present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and co-workers. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Mathematical Skills: Approaches problems in a systematic fashion to help the department achieve maximum benefits. Ability to analyze and solve highly complex problems.
Other: Maintains awareness of all international activity, including marketing, trade shows, publishing of technical papers, business development, and procurement. Demonstrates consistent application of company and industry business practices and concepts. Solid organizational and time-management skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Long periods of time sitting at a desk (daily).
• Manual dexterity to type on computer keyboard and operate general office equipment, such as phone, fax/copier/scanner.
• Must be able to speak and hear adequately.
• Clear vision at close distances.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Office environment (controlled climate).
• Occasional travel by car, plane or bus.