inVentiv Health 0000102393-Assoc. Scientist (5250) in Massachusetts
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Join a newly established research team focused on understanding the molecular basis of fibrotic disease and developing novel therapeutics to treat these diseases.
• Develop cellular and biochemical based technologies to support programs within the fibrosis therapeutic area.
• Conduct cell based assays to study mechanism of action of therapeutic targets and evaluate the activity of therapeutic candidates, utilizing biochemical, enzymatic, cell signaling and FACS based readouts.
• Develop in vivo, cell based and biochemical approaches and technologies to establish the activity and mechanism of action of candidate therapeutics.
• Independently review the relevant literature to understand and propose the best methods that can be applied to the needs of the group.
• Provide strategic input and propose new initiatives for methods to validate novel targets and test therapeutics.
• Keep abreast of, and use, state-of-the-art technologies in target validation.
• Prepare, review and deliver scientific presentations for internal/external use.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• BS with 1-3 years of academic and/or industry experience
• Experience developing and running high throughput cell based assays to inform SAR
• Hands-on experience and excellent teamwork skills in liaising with other departments.
• Hands on experience in running mouse models of disease (particularly dosing, collection of tissues) in addition to processing and analyzing tissue samples is an asset.
• Must be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of experimental design, underlying scientific principles, and the ability to independently assess results.
• Needs to have a demonstrated track record of leading support activities for multiple research projects, scientific and technical advancement, and coauthorship of peer-reviewed publications.
• Requires excellent communication skills and ability to present data, and the ability and willingness to work effectively in a highly collaborative research environment.
• Ability to collaborate and work with others in a matrix environment
• Ability to conduct independent research and be a team player
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities
• Comfortable with changing direction and taking risks
• Create solutions for technical challenges
For further details or to apply for this job, please contact:email@example.com
inVentiv Health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/Disabled/Vets that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace.