Riverside Community Care Family Partner in Needham, Massachusetts
Exciting opportunity to join Riverside Community Care as a Family Partner!
The Family Partner works in partnership with Intensive Care Coordinators to provide education, coaching/training and support to parents/caregivers of a youth receiving Wraparound services from the Community Service agency. Family Partners may also partner with outpatient therapists and home-based therapists to support families who are not enrolled in Intensive Care Coordination.
The Family Partner educates parents/caregivers about how to effectively navigate the child-serving systems for themselves and about the existence of informal/community resources available to them, and facilitates the parent’s/caregiver’s access to these resources.
Schedule: 40 hours per week; flexible hours between 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. to meet the needs of the families
Riverside offers an outstanding staff training program, excellent supervision, competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and career advancement opportunities!
- Must be able to establish a rapport and work effectively with a diverse, multi-cultural group of parents, children, family members and other program staff members
- Understanding of child development and family issues that impact upon child/parent relationships required
- Bilingual candidates preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team
- Must have a valid Massachusetts driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle
- Bachelor’s degree in human services field and one year of experience working with the target population, Associate’s degree in human service field and one year experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth, or high school diploma/GED and a minimum of two years experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth required
- Experience as a caregiver of a youth with mental health needs required
- Must have experience in navigating any of the child and family-serving systems and teaching family members who are involved with the child and family-serving systems
Riverside Community Care is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.
Tracking Code: 1946-709
Job Location: Needham, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular