Vinfen CBFS Residential Counselor in Newburyport, Massachusetts
As a CBFS Residential Counselor, you will provide direct support to people with psychiatric conditions and behavioral health challenges in a small group residential setting or an individual living arrangement. In your role you will work together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives by either building independence skills or increasing each person's quality of life.
Residential Counselors have a range of duties include administrating medication under the Medication Administration Plan (MAP), implementing treatment plans, and assisting people with activities of daily living, such as household chores and cooking. You also strengthen residents' connection to their community by providing transportation on outings such as shopping and doctor's appointments.
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits and perks!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to learn, thrive and achieve their goals. To learn more about Vinfen, and/or to apply to this or other Vinfen positions, please visit our website at www.vinfen.org/careers.
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: social services, counseling, social work, group home, DSP, Direct Care, psychology, mentor, mental illness, mental health, disability, developmental disabilities, behavioral, rehabilitative, psychiatric, outreach worker, outreach services, human services, nonprofit, autism, crisis, trauma, advocacy, developmental disability, recovery.
- A bachelor's degree in a Human Services related field is preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
- Prior Human Services experience.
- Strong time management and writing skills.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year. Additionally, this position requires access to a reliable vehicle.
- All applicants must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified within 2 weeks of employment and MAP certified within 150 days of employment.
All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI, reference, multi-state background and driving record check.
##Driving & Vehicle Requirements
License check and vehicle access required
FULL-TIME: Full time - Regular
Region: Merrimack Valley / North Shore
Pay Rate: $13.75 / hour
Schedule: Sun, 3 pm - 11 pm Mon, 3 pm - 11 pm Tue, 3 pm - 11 pm Fri, 3 pm - 11 pm Sat, 3 pm - 11 pm
Standard Hours per Week: 40