State Street Project Manager Senior Consultant, Vice President in Quincy, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
- The Project Manager Senior Consultant, VP will provide project management and relationship management for various Corporate System projects. This individual will liaise with the project sponsors, stakeholders, external vendors and other divisions within State Street to ensure the delivery of quality products within the expected timeframes and budgets. The Project Manager Senior Consultant, VP must demonstrate leadership abilities in project prioritization, resource management, planning, scope management, and timely and effective response to project changes and risks. This individual must be able to work under minimal direction while keeping management apprised of issues and project status.
- Manage a team of highly skilled Finance oriented project managers
- Provide oversight, guidance and in depth analysis and technical roadmap for the Corporate Finance business line
- Simultaneously coordinate multiple projects with project managers, application managers, business managers & development team members
- Manage virtual projects that frequently include team resources from two or more global locations – Boston, Kanas City, India and China
- Develop and maintain project schedules and resource plans clearly defining dependencies
- Coordinate plans with the various stakeholders
- Direct activities, assign responsibilities, set contributor performance expectations and motivate team members toward achieving project objectives
- Closely monitor project resources, tasks, risks and milestones and when necessary forecast impact on schedule, quality, and cost and make course corrections using defined change control procedures
- Facilitate communication between internal and external resources both locally and off-shore
Mentor less experienced staff on roles and responsibilities of project management
In depth experience with Finance General Ledger Systems
- Proven ability to effectively manage time and balance priorities across simultaneous assignments
- Self-starter with a desire to overcome obstacles and deliver
- Familiarity with Oracle EBS platform implementations and business concepts
- Proven analytical skills to interpret business and functional requirements
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum Software Development Framework
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products including MS Project and Quality Center
- 10-15 years of experience in Information Technology implementing Finance General Ledger Systems, with 5+ years as a hands on software project manager
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required; Master’s Degree preferred
Quincy - MA - USA
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Project Manager Senior Consultant, Vice President
Job ID: 154249
Full/Part Time: Full FTE