State Street Software QA Analyst, Assistant Vice President in Quincy, Massachusetts
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The Office of Regulatory Initiatives (ORI) is a recently formed, rapidly growing team of individuals tasked with implementing complex, enterprise-wide projects supporting the rapidly evolving Bank regulatory environment.
The Software QA Analyst, AVP position is for a senior software tester working on ORI related initiatives. The position requires a strong background in application development and testing, and a good understanding of leading IT technologies in particular RDBMS and Web Development. The work requires a candidate to be competent in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
The successful candidate will be expected to collaborate with peers on cross functional teams (agile or waterfall) to deliver a high quality solution. The candidate will work to understand the business requirements in order to define test strategy and test plans, and work with peers in the QA organization to proactively determine and resolve upstream and downstream impacts.
The candidate is expected to be hands on and work directly with users, analysts and developers to understand the business and aid in the deployment and post deployment support of the solution developed. As you develop a strong, interactive working relationship you will be an important participant in the success of the corporation in meeting regulatory requirements.
In this role the candidate will:
- Develop specific tests for each application encompassed in the full system, the related integration of applications, and user acceptance level testing: both manual and automated tests as warranted
- Analyze and provide context and effective presentation of metrics gathered in the test process in order to propose and implement ongoing improvements
- Ensure proper procedures and controls are in place throughout the testing process
- Participate in production implementation “walkthroughs”, with review and approval responsibility for test discipline, for complex implementations, as needed
Participate in production check out activities as a decision maker in the “go/no-go” decision along with other stakeholder groups, for complex implementations, as needed
B.S., Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of QA Lead/Manager experience – Manage Testing activities, Test Team and Develop test automation framework
- Previous financial services experience and demonstrated understanding of relevant State Street business processes and systems (i.e. trading, operations, risk etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Quality assurance experience in a software environment through all stages of product development
- Proven problem solving, and communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Testing automation experience with HP's QTP and UFT (HP's Unified Functional Testing Tool) and other Automation tools to automate Data Centric Applications
- Strong knowledge of agile systems design, testing and quality assurance methodologies.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Experience with software engineering standards, metrics and quality assurance principles.
- Knowledge of automated testing tools, emerging technologies and distributed application issues including interoperability, scalability, etc.
- Competent SQL query skills and experience working with database technology.
- Knowledge of defect tracking systems and their effective usage environment.
- Knowledge of programming or scripting languages with the ability to understand developed code and create test automation scripts or programs.
- UNIX, LINUX or other open systems operating system knowledge and experience.
This role is part of/in support of the Office of Regulatory Initiatives (ORI); ORI was created to manage complex enterprise risk issues, often spanning multiple functions and businesses. ORI is focused on the areas of Capital Planning and Stress Testing; AML; Liquidity; Credit Risk Management; Legal and Compliance Reputational Risk Management; Interest Rate Risk, IT, and Volcker rule.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Software QA Analyst, Assistant Vice President
Job ID: 167650
Full/Part Time: Full FTE