Pelican Products Assembler B in South Deerfield, Massachusetts
We Build Careers As Strong As Our Products
Pelican Products is not only the global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lighting systems and virtually indestructible cases for protecting valuable equipment---it's a great place to work. We're looking for team members who take pride in creating and manufacturing products that are preferred by professionals (including fire fighters, law enforcement and military personnel) who work in extreme environments across the globe.
With competitive compensation and benefits, our team enjoys a fast-paced, creative and exciting environment that allows them to flourish and be the best at their jobs. Employees are our greatest resource and as such, their talents are valued and their contributions are recognized. Pelican Products is a unique company that combines the stability and professionalism of a mature firm with the agility and spirit of a small, fast-growth company.
We currently have an opening for an Assembler B (1st shift) in our South Deerfield, MA location.
Perform a variety of operations to assemble and finish a range of types and sizes of plastic containers and other items.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Work from engineering prints, bill of materials, assembly drawings, written and/or verbal instructions.
· Perform standard set up and lay out work area to assemble, or to perform selected operations, required for finishing and assembly of containers.
· Pick parts and supplies from racks.
· May assemble container according to prints and specifications. Attach hardware using fixtures. Cut, trim, rout containers. Perform gluing, taping, flame treating and labeling operations. Notify supervisor or others as appropriate of inspection failures, out of tolerance/specification situations.
· Perform limited pressure “Leak” testing, record results and determine leak cause for out of specification conditions. Report out of specification conditions. Repair, retest, and document results on appropriate form.
· Perform repair operations. May be required to mask and paint containers.
· Perform inspection on finished configured containers and stamp as approved.
· Maintain established quality and quantity standards. Follow prescribed safety precautions, established company and department policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Detect and report improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials and questionable conditions to proper supervision. Maintain work area(s) and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
· Maintain daily production and other records as required.
· Perform other related duties as required or directed.
· 1-3 years related experience
· Have understanding and ability to follow all established safety procedures and guidelines.
· Ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions.
· Use of basic math skills, simple use of charts, tables, schedules, and use of adjustable measuring instruments, checking of reports, forms, records and comparable data.
· Must have the ability to complete assignments within time frame specified by the Manager.
Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
· Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Must be flexible with work schedules and be available to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.