Wellesley College Banquet Captain (Temp) in Wellesley, Massachusetts
|Job Title||Banquet Captain (Temp)|
|Department||Wellesley College Club|
|Status of Position|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Tuesday-Saturday, exact hours to be determined by business on a weekly basis with occasional Sundays
|Hours per Week||40|
|Hourly Rate||$17.16 plus tips|
|Weekly Rate||$686.40 plus tips|
This position requires the direction of the work of employees in the banquet/restaurant department. To oversee the service of functions, make sure room is set up properly and any and all re-sets are finished. To maintain the cleanliness of the restaurant area including function rooms. To ensure standards of the club are being enforced on a continuous basis including uniforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Checks all rooms for cleanliness and adherence to B.E.O.
• Create assignments and makes copies of B.E.O. for incoming staff
• Ensure staff is in proper uniform
• Delivers all food and supplies for functions to their scheduled locations.
• Arrange buffet tables with food, beverage and service items according to established standards.
• Serve food and beverages to guests.
• Returns food and beverages,serving equipment and utensils to the storage facility. Stocks, cleans and maintains the banquet facility and equipment.
• Provide customer service to guests (internally/externally), including information about hotel services, activities and local attractions.
• Maintainclean and safe work environment performs job safely.
• Clean pantry and vacuum carpets.
• Ensure all side work has been completed area is ready for night time functions with a pass on for incoming staff
• Other duties may be assigned
• Ensures corporate and OSHA safety standards are followed
• Follows principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment
• Keeps his/her own work area clean.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Prefer prior experience in food service and banquet services and must hold a T.l.P.S. card and a Serv Safe beverage card. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Additional Application Instructions|
|EEO/Affirmative Action Statement|| |
Wellesley College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Wellesley College and all its subcontractors shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Wellesley College and all of its subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Candidates who believe they can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you an Alumna?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Hispanic Today Website
- Veterans Enterprise Website
- Women in Business Website
- Job Opportunities for Disabled American Veterans Website
- disABLED Person Website
- Women for Hire Website
- Hire Our Heroes Website
- US Military Pipeline
- Employ Diversity Website
- Black Perspective Website
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application