Danaher Corporation Finance Business Partner – Westborough - Massachusetts in Westborough, Massachusetts
Danaher Company Description
Pall Corporation is a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, serving the diverse needs of customers across the broad spectrum of life sciences and industry.
Pall Life Sciences provides cutting-edge products and services to meet the demanding needs of customers discovering, developing and producing biotech drugs, vaccines, cell therapies and classic pharmaceuticals. Pall offers advanced medical technologies, which are often a patient’s last line of defense from dangerous pathogens. Pall’s food and beverage products provide critical protection from contaminants during various manufacturing steps.
Pall Industrial serves a diverse range of customers in the microelectronics, aerospace, fuels, petrochemical, chemical, automotive, and power generation industries. Pall is a key supplier to the innovative and demanding semiconductor and consumer electronics industries, and provides filtration products used in critical applications on commercial and military aerospace vehicles. Pall products are key to the reliability of industrial equipment. Pall’s engineered solutions help municipal and industrial customers address mounting water quality, scarcity and demand issues, and help energy companies maximize production and develop commercially successful next generation fuels.
Headquartered in Port Washington, New York, Pall has offices and plants throughout the world.
To learn more about Pall, please visitwww.pall.com/green.
Title: Finance Business Partner – LS & BioPharm/SUT Location: Westborough - Massachusetts *- USA*
The role will provide focused support to AMERICAS BioPharm and SUT BU Leader and her/his Leadership team and provide them with financial expertise to help driving profitable growth of the BU(s) in the specific region, while ensuring full compliance with Group Policies, US Gaap and local requirements. The role is also covering the Americas Life Sciences General activities and controls. Working closely with other Americas financial personnel is also a critical part of the role.
The role should also drive full transparency on business dynamics, risks and opportunities through periodic reporting on business KPIs, Business look-forward reports, main initiatives progresses and goals achievements. She/He should actively participate in and/or co-manage, together with the BU(s) Lead, the Commercial reviews and the various projects and initiatives. She/He should contribute to the delivery of the business objectives and have the intellect to add value beyond simply reporting monthly numbers. The role may also be asked to participate in some Operations / Plants reviews activities when needed, mostly as regards the Systems (PASS) BioPharm/SUT business.
- Business Partnership working very closely to the regional BU Lead(s):
- Owns the regional BU(s) numbers together with the BU Lead(s), and translate those numbers into information supporting business decision and performance.
- Financial/Budget Responsibility: Regional BU(s) Sales, Orders & OPEX and LS General items.
- Regional Commercial and Corporate Reporting
- SOX, Group Policies, and local regulation compliance.
- Support complex decisions. Test hypotheses. Quantify risks and opportunity costs.
- Budget & Forecasts development – analysis and underlying business and market assumptions, validation and challenge of assumptions. Manage process to ensure accuracy, timely submission and business ownership.
- Business modelling and case studies.
- Actively support business growth initiatives and investments; monitor ROI and/or progresses towards targets; Support counter-measures action plan and PSP activities.
- Monthly reporting / reviews – incorporate standard analysis and ensure all risks and opportunities are identified.
- Profitability analysis – Deep understanding of revenue and costs drivers/control.
- Profitability monitoring & analysis – BU(s) contribution margins / by territories / mini-market / Customer / Channel product family.
- Pricing strategy deployment / Follow-up on pricing actions plan.
- Sales/Orders forecast.
- CapEx Planning | Proposal preparation, review and sense check.
- SIP targets sense check. Monitoring and forecasting of SIP pay out.
- Commissions on sales analysis and forecast.
- Support, monitor & control cost savings initiatives together with the BU Lead(s).
- Meeting with customers when & where needed / appropriate.
- Educate BU Leadership team on Finance process & principles and help them interpret financial results.
- Monitor DSO and overdues. Drive Overdues reduction together with the credit & collection team.
- Drive process & reporting standardization and implementation of standard work.
- Ensure business risks are appropriately communicated to the legal entity Controller and properly reflected and provided for in the financial statements.
- Ensure proper review of systems’ quote, financial risk assessment, cash flow and sign-off on financial terms as per DoA.
- Support Global PASS Controller and reports dotted line to the business unit
- Local Westorough facility – Finance Support to LS & BioPharm/SUT
- Work closely with other Regional BU personnel to build standard work and minimize business disruption.
- Work with the KL CFS, UK OPS COE & Corporate Finance function to ensure accurate presentation of financial information under US GAAP.
- Support global finance efforts & finance transformation activities as requested.
- Other duties may be assigned Confidential information handled:
- All financial data related to Americas consolidated results.
- Access to HFM and SAP ERP Software. Traveling:
- Travels are required on a regular basis, in supporting the Regional BU Leadership team.
Basic Qualifications: * Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance * Qualified Accountant – ACA / ACCA / ACMA / CPA or equivalent * 5 years in a financial position, providing financial analysis and supporting tactical decisions. Preferred Qualifications: * Masters of Business Administration * Experience in a global manufacturing environment highly preferred Position Competencies: * Software including Excel, Hyperion, SAP. * Experience in US GAAP, SOX. * Business acumen (understanding of business dynamics and rules). * Ability to challenge assumptions supporting business decisions. * Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions. * Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple variables. * Able to manage team (direct or indirect reports) to expected results. * Ability to apply concepts of US GAAP. Must be highly numerate with strong knowledge of Excel, SAP, BI and HFM. * Strong analytical skills and detail orientated while maintaining higher level perspectives. Language Skills: * Ability to read, analyse and interpret financial procedures. * Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. * Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Senior Management, other Finance staff and other departments both internal and external to Pall. Good communicator in English.
The Above Describes The Essential Content Of And Requirements For Proficient Performance In The Position And Is Not Meant To Be All-Inclusive.
Pall Corporation Is An Equal Opportunity Employer Who Encourages Diversity In The Workplace. All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Gender, Race, Color, National Origin, Ancestry, Citizenship, Religion, Age, Physical Or Mental Disability, Medical Condition, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity Or Gender Expression, Military Or Protected Veteran Status Or Marital Status.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Finance & Accounting
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-MA-Westborough
Req ID: SHA000310