Abbott Mechanical Engineering CO-OP in Westford, Massachusetts
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to work in the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
Abbott is seeking a talented and pro-active mechanical engineering student for our exciting 6+ month Co-op assignment to support development and sustaining projects within the Abbott Vascular Division. The position is located in the Westford, MA facility and will focus on OCT Intravascular imaging technology.
• Supports and assists on product development and sustaining engineering projects.
• Supports mechanical systems (catheter and hardware designs) troubleshooting and testing.
• Creation and modification of engineering documentation.
• Ensures compliance with procedural and documentation requirements of Abbott, FDA and ISO design controls.
• Candidates must be currently enrolled at an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering program.
• strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills,
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently with minimal direct supervision.
• Candidate must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the co-op session.
• Student must be able to provide their own transportation to this location.
• Student must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
• GPA of 3.0 or greater is preferred.
• Graduate level work is preferred.
ASJM Abbott St. Jude Medical
United States > Massachusetts : 4 Robbins Road
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott , to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers
LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/abbott
Twitter at https://twitter.com/AbbottNews