Air Force Personnel Center ELECTRONIC INTEGRATED SYSTEMS MECHANIC SUPERVISOR in Westover Air Reserve Base, Massachusetts
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service.
WHO MAY APPLY: Click here for more information on eligibility categories and the documentation requirements. You MUST have one or more listed eligibilities to be considered. Eligibility claims must be supported with required documentation submitted within each application package to be considered. Transfer and Reinstatement eligibles must provide their most current SF-50, AND SF-50 reflecting the highest grade held if different from your latest SF-50. Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list
Air Force Employee (Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employee and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here.
DoD Transfer (Army, Navy, DFAS, etc.--Excluding Air Force)
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
Non-DoD Transfer (OPM, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.)
Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Performs work planning responsibilities. Plans the use of workers, equipment, facilities, materials, and tools on a day-to-day or project-by-project basis. Adheres to work priorities, project schedules, resources, and detai led work plans established by higher level supervisors. Follows customary work cycles and sequences in planning work assignments. Tracks and reports progress on work assignments and request authority to adjust worker assignments and to use overtime, equipment, and materials to meet schedules. Recommend changes to schedules, priority , and work sequences as necessary and makes minor deviations in procedures or redirects resources under their control to overcome problems such as equipment failure, material delays, or unplanned absences.
- Performs work direction responsibilities . Assigns work to individuals and provides technical direction and/or help in accomplishing difficult work steps and processes . Observes work in progress to anticipate and resolve problems , reassign personnel with group supervised and coordinates work among workers and other supervisors to maintain work progress to meet schedules. Investigates work related problems such as excessive costs or low productivity and determines causes. Implements corrective actions within designated authority to resolve work problems . Recommends solutions to staffing problems, engineering requirements, and work operations directed by other supervisors. Reports possible or actual work delays to superiors.
- Performs adm inistration responsibilities. Participates with employees in the development of performance plans and recommends them to supervisors. Advises employees of performance expectations and explains new work techniques, as required. Provides proper guidance and direction, continuous feedback on strengths and weaknesses. Holds employees responsible for satisfactory completion of work assignments, and recommends performance ratings in accordance with regulations . Recommends appropriate recognition and corrective action, as needed, in performance management. Recommends the most suitable applicants for vacant positions. Explains classification determinations to subordinate employees. Recommends restructuring positions when necessary to achieve the most effective and economical utilization of personnel. Investigates grievances and complaints, resolving them informally where possible, and notifies supervisors of those of sufficient importance or seriousness. Recommends train i ng based on needs assessment and mission requirements. Maintains work reports and records relating to section, e.g., progress, production, cost, personnel, equipment, materials, and time and attendance. Assists supervisors in planning overall leave schedule.
- Applies Equal Employment Opportu nity (EEO)/Equal Opportunity Treatment (EOT) principles and req uirements to all person nel management actions and decisions, and ensures all personnel are treated in a man ner free of discrimination. Applies Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Equal Opportunity Treatment (EOT) principles and requirements to all personnel management actions and decisions, and ensures all personnel are treated in a manner free of discrimination. Takes positive action to implement affirmative action/EEO initiatives identified in the installation Affirmative Employment Plan. Takes action to prevent or correct situations that may give rise to complaints of discrimination and/or sexual harassment. Cooperates fully with counselors, investigators ,and examiners.
THE HOURLY SALARY RATE IS 38.13 TO 44.49
- Occasional Travel
- MAY BE REQUIRE TO PERFORM TEMPORARY DUTY ASSIGNMENTS
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Must be a current member of the AF Reserves or willing/qualified to join
- TRAVEL AND RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE PAID
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal & Regulatory Guidance
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- AFSC MILITARY GRADE/2A871E-MSGT-E-7
Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1.Ability to Lead or Supervise (Screen Out Element) 2 Knowledge of a wide range of principles, processes, and techniques of trade(s) and/or craft(s) supervised . 3.Knowledge of personnel management policies, practices, and procedures , including sexual harassment and Equal Employment Opportunity/Equal Employment Treatment. 4.Knowledge of safety regulations, practices, and procedures. 5.Knowledge in using and maintaining a variety of hand and power tools, equipment, and precision measuring and/or test equipment. 6.Knowledge in troubleshooting, inspecting, and/or tracing hard-to-locate defects or problems.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE*:*Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT*:*
This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are part of the regular career civil service and enjoy all the benefits granted to Federal employees in the competitive civil service. In addition, ARTs are required to maintain their active membership in the AF Reserve unit where assigned. ARTs receive on average one weekend of military training per month. They are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members; are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency. For additional information regarding ART positions and/or military qualifications, please call 1-800-257-1212. Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the AF Reserves. Retired military that have active AF Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position) on the application. A military service member's statement of service/certification will be accepted IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The statement/certification should indicate member's separation from active duty is within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement. It must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS
The work may require the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate, valid driver's license may be required for the position. Performs other related duties as assigned
Work schedule will be aligned to allow incumbent to fully participate in UTAs. The incumbent's regular assignments are ART duties; however, the incumbent may be assigned some non-ART duties, generally not to exceed 30 percent of total responsibilities.
This is a testing designated position (TDP). The employee is subject to random drug testing.
What To Expect Next
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position. If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program. In addition to your take-home pay, click here for an overview of benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 80 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants)*:* Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Incentives: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472455900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $79,577.00 to $92,851.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: WS-2610-11/11
Promotion Potential: 11
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: Federal Employees, Veterans, Individuals with a disability, Military Spouses, and Former Overseas Employees. See Job Summary for further information on “Who May Apply”.
Control Number: 472455900
Job Announcement Number: 42-ART-1973397-831724-JW