Expert Staffing Beveler in Whitinsville, Massachusetts
Regular Hours 6 am to 2:30 pm, additional OT may be required without advance notice
Bevelers are tasked with reviewing work order data and taking cut glass panels, ranging from large to small, and running them through a machine to profile the face of a panel along an edge, example: a mirror with a 2” beveled edge.
• Safely operate a glass beveling machine, which involves careful setting of controls and placing glass panels on a slow moving vertical conveyor track at about waist height.
• Load and unload wheel dollies
• Properly track and document activity log
• Report any issues or incidents to Supervisor
• Inspect and clean machine prior to use
• Measure panels and match to work orders (available only in English).
• Previous experience in a manufacturing shop.
• Ability to handle physical workload in varying environmental conditions (while indoors, the ovens can drive hot temperatures up, and when off, the temperature may swing to the cool side of indoor normal.
• Strong work ethic, attention to detail
• Must be able to use Personal Protective Equipment and remain standing at machine for extended periods of the production day
• Must use measurement tools with fine detail. Must have memory abilities to keep track of multi-piece orders.
• This company fabricates commercial glass panels and mirrors. Must be able to handle heavy loads of 75 pounds on a regular basis with careful manipulation to avoid glass breakage. Must be willing to work overtime as required.
• Ability to handle standard loading dock hand equipment, carts, pallet jacks, dollies, etc.
Merit based wage review at 120 day mark.
• Can lift to 75 lbs. on a consistent basis
• Minimum of 6 months of machine operator experience in a manufacturing setting
• Can use various measuring tools such as calipers, rulers, micrometers etc.
• Willingness to move into other areas as needed / Ability to cross train in other areas as needed.
• PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
• PASS A DRUG SCREEN
• Must reliably arrive to work on time each work day.
• Finish paperwork to ensure proper delivery and order completion
Headquartered in Worcester, Massachusetts, we handle national talent placements across the U.S. with offices on the East and West coast. Our key relationships with top employers in a variety of industries means we can find you an opportunity that matches your skills and career goals. From entry level to high-level executive placement, we can help you find the career of your dreams.