OSRAM SYLVANIA Market Research Intern/Temp in Wilmington, Massachusetts
OSRAM is looking for aMarket Research Intern/Temporaryto join our Commercial team at our North American Headquarters inWilmington, MA. The successful candidate must have excellent problem solving and researching skills as well as highly developed analytical abilities.
This is an excellent opportunity for new grads or those who are seeking a 6-12 month, full time (40 hours per week), paid internship.
OSRAM is the #1 lighting manufacturer in North America and a worldwide leader in lighting solutions. Our products feature innovative design and energy saving technology. We sell products for homes, businesses and vehicles under the OSRAM & Sylvania brand names in the US, and operate under the OSRAM brand in Europe, China and beyond. Around 60 percent of sales come from energy-efficient products.
Our internship program distinguishes itself from other programs in that we employ qualified individuals to both learn in a corporate environment and fulfill professional duties. You will be an integral part of our team while gaining exposure to a Global firm.
This internship offers the candidate the opportunity to be immersed in a global corporation on many different levels. As a member of the Channel Marketing team the candidate will be exposed Executive level Sales management members across multiple sales channels. The candidate will be asked to use their marketing research skills to analyze the e-commerce lighting market and provide recommendation on how to shape OSRAM’s e-commerce channel in the Americas region. During the course of this internship the candidate will be exposed to product managers, finance, customer service, marketing, training, innovation, controlling, and logistics. This role is very dynamic and requires the candidate to prioritize, manage time and multi-task while remaining calm under pressure.
- Primary responsibility is to collect and analyze market data including market trends, and competitive assessments and then make recommendation to shape OSRAM’s e-commerce sales channel.
- Analyzing and interpreting data to identify patterns and solutions
- Contribute to the Marketing team as necessary to deliver
- Interact with select customers and sales agents on an as needed basis to support the efforts of front-line sales personnel.
- Interpersonal skills, with strong written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- E-commerce business awareness
- Creativity and problem-solving
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- College graduate with a concentration in Business, Marketing, Economics, Mathematics Only currently enrolled college students and recent graduates who have graduated within the past calendar year will be considered.
There are no benefits or relocation associated with this position; however, there are paid holidays.
Local Candidates Only Please.
Title: Market Research Intern/Temp
Requisition ID: 10003623