American Tower Account Manager, Land Acquisition in Woburn, Massachusetts
* SUMMARY: *
The Account Manager, Land Acquisitions will independently negotiate business terms with property owners for ground lease amendments and/or easement/fee simple purchases of ground rights.Account Managers will be required to perform net present value cash flow analyses and acquisition due diligence tasks during the sales cycle.The incumbent will be responsible for providing account updates and metric reporting to senior management.The incumbent will also be required to participate in mass marketing and lead generation efforts on a quarterly basis.This position requires strong sales, negotiation, financial modeling, closing and organizational skills, and the ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume sales environment.
- Originate and close quarterly land/lease acquisition targeted closing quotas.
- Simultaneously manage multiple transactions in excess of $1,000,000.00 in value with various land owners.
- Maintain a strong closing ratio for all vetted opportunities and ensure transactions are closed within designated cycle times.
- Compile detailed notes using client resource management software tools.
- Prepare and provide ongoing communication reports to management detailing the status of negotiations for final expirations/renewals, revenue stream purchases, and easement /land purchases.
- Prepare and present written and verbal presentations to land owners.
- Review and understand proposed lease language and lease purchase due diligence materials and related issues and partner with appropriate functional teams, including Legal Operations, to resolve the same.
- Coordinate the full execution of executable documents with Legal Operations.
- Manage administrative elements of closing a transaction, including mailing documents to the property owner and follow-up to ensure fully executed documents are returned in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and lead meetings with Legal Operations on progress for transaction pipelines.
- Participate and manage strategic marketing initiatives including mass mailings, cold calling and lead generation activities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated success at closing difficult negotiations and ability to exceed target quotas/goals
- Effective inside sales experience and influence skills that result in leads or successful execution of a purchase/sale
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent analytical, financial modeling and finance/economics skills desired
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify high quality solutions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4 year degree required Business, Economics or Finance preferred
- 2 years outside or inside sales experience
Approximately 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.Approximately 25% travel may be required in support of the positionâ€™s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear.While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
American Tower Corporation (â€œATCâ€ or the â€œCompanyâ€) is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
Job: Account Mgr Land Acquisiti
Title: Account Manager, Land Acquisition
Requisition ID: 170000B4