State of Massachusetts Seasonal CDL Plow Drivers in 333 South St, Massachusetts
The Seasonal CDL Plow Drivers’ central duty is to operate MassDOT Highway Division equipment to clear snow and ice from the Massachusetts Turnpike and other designated roadways and facilities. Seasonal drivers are required to hold a valid Mass. Commercial Driver’s License (at least class B).
Seasonal CDL Plow Drivers are responsible for the safe operation of the equipment. Properly working equipment is important for both efficient snow removal and safety on the roadways. Seasonal drivers should inspect their equipment and report any issues to the repair staff immediately.
Hourly Rate: $31.25
Duties & Responsibilities
•Safe clearing of snow on Highway roadways.
•De-icing and removal of snow from walks, driveways and parking lots for various Highway properties as assigned.
• Maintain a clean and safe job site, while ensuring property is not damaged in the efforts of removing snow.
• Maintain and care for your personal or company provided equipment, tools and vehicles.
• Proficiently and safely use snow removal equipment such as shovels, plows, snow blowers, vehicles with plow blades, and other power and manually operated tools and equipment used to perform snow removal.
• Perform highly physical work outdoors on a consistent basis in all weather conditions, specifically very cold, icy, snowy weather.
• It is required that all Seasonal CDL Plow Drivers have cold weather gear and wear it appropriately to protect themselves against adverse weather conditions.
• Work as part of a team and take direction.
• Be available to come in when contacted for all snow and ice weather events.
• Keep accurate time-sheet records, submitted for review and sign-off by the required deadlines.
•District 1 - Berkshire County/Western, MA
•District 2 - Connecticut River Valley/Western, MA
•District 3 - Worcester County/Central, MA
•District 4 - North Eastern, MA
•District 5 - South Eastern, MA & Cape Cod
•District 6 - Metro Boston, MA
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Robin Burke, Human Resources,Robin.Burke@dot.state.ma.us
•MA Commercial Driver’s License (at least class B & class A preferred)
•Clean driving record
•Ability to pass a drug & alcohol test
All job applications must be submitted online through MassCareers to be considered.
For a disability‐related reasonable accommodation or alternative application method, call ADA Coordinator, Rita Dinunzio – (857) 368‐8738.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job: *Equipment, Facilities & Services
Organization: *Massachusetts Department of Transportation
Title: Seasonal CDL Plow Drivers
Location: Massachusetts-333 South St - Shrewsbury
Requisition ID: 200006SL