Lockheed Martin Logistics and Sustainment Engineering Lead / Andover, MA in Andover, Massachusetts
Description: Lockheed Martin Energy is pioneering long-duration energy storage systems, based on a proprietary redox chemistry, to enable the widespread adoption of renewable power generation and enhance the resilience of the electric grid. We seek a well-qualified Logistics and Sustainment Engineering Lead to help commercialize these revolutionary products.
The successful candidate will oversee product maintenance planning, and coordinate post-commissioning field service activities. Responsibilities include:
• Developing reliability and maintainability (RAM) models, in collaboration with internal and external subject-matter experts
• Maintaining operation and maintenance (O&M) cost models and promoting lifecycle affordability on a total cost-of-ownership basis
• Managing a Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS), and other tools and processes to facilitate continuous improvement and maintain customer satisfaction
• Engaging with systems engineers and product design engineers through active participation in requirements development and design reviews, and contributing to Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (FMEA) and Hazard and Operability studies (HAZOP), to ensure that deployed systems can be supported effectively
• Establishing maintenance concepts and material logistics plans, including spare parts management
• Directing contract resources developing O&M manuals and establishing training programs for technicians and support staff
• Supporting system commissioning efforts
• Maintaining configuration control of fielded systems, including as-built/as-maintained bills-of-material and service records
• Deploying tools and processes to monitor system performance and health
• Supporting project proposal development, and interfacing productively with customers, prospective customers, and other stakeholders
• BS in Engineering or Operations Management
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident.
• 10+ years of experience with field service / sustainment of complex equipment
• Experience with field service of power plants or large electrochemical systems such as grid-tied energy storage or Chlor-Alkali
• Familiarity with reliability modeling and analysis
Clearance Level: None
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
The application window will close in 90 days; applicants are encouraged to apply within 5 - 30 days of the requisition posting date in order to receive optimal consideration.
At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs , and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Logistics
- Lockheed Martin Jobs