Eversource Energy Gas Distribution Technician in Auburn, Massachusetts
Gas Distribution Technician
Starting Rate of pay is $33.21 per hour
Location: Auburn, MA
Schedule:Monday – Friday, 7:30AM – 3:30PM
***Union Represented Position***
ROLE & SCOPE:
The Gas Distribution Technician is responsible for performing assigned duties including valve box inspections and repairs, non-live gas corrosion repairs, atmospheric corrosion inspections and leak survey inspections using leak detection equipment on inside meter sets, in accordance with Company Safety Standards, and in compliance with Company, State, and Federal Codes and Regulations for duties described in Section II and in compliance with Eversource Gas Operating and Maintenance procedures.
The Gas Distribution Technician is responsible for successfully completing all training, OJT Tasks and examinations as required.
1. High School Education or equivalent
2. Must have 2 years of construction experience, gas pipeline experience preferred.
3. Experience working with heavy equipment.
4. This position will require the satisfactory completion of a physical pre-screening, completion of company training programs, evaluations and written test.
5. Qualified applicants must pass apre-employment/pre-placementdrug test in accordance with D.O.T regulations.
6. Must possess a valid driver’s license, CDL license preferred.
7.Ability and willingness to perform heavy physical work indoors and outdoors in all seasons and at times for extended periods.
8.Must have a work history that demonstrates safe work habits.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs