Eversource Energy Lead Engineer, Gas Engineering - Professional Engineering License Preferred (Hybrid) in Auburn, Massachusetts
Lead Engineer is responsible for the development, expansion, planning, design, to meet the mission and objectives of the gas organization. In addition, this position coordinates the evaluation of system failures, and the appropriate resolutions, to provide support to gas operations on unplanned maintenance. Responsible for ensuring that the Eversource gas transmission and distribution systems are designed to high quality standards that provide customers with safe, reliable, and environmentally sound gas service. This position shares accountability with peers in the strategy, development, and design of the organization’s Asset Family Plan, a comprehensive long-term plan for the transmission/distribution system. Responsible for supervising, assigning, prioritizing and directing the work performed by other internal engineers, external engineering resources and staff.
This is a hybrid position. The first three months are full-time in the office.
Position can be based out of our Southborough or Auburn MA. locations.
. Essential Functions:
- Supervises, coaches, and develops engineers; approves time and conducts performance reviews. Assigns, prioritizes and directs work performed by at least 2 FTE Engineers.
- Directs external engineering technical and consulting resources in the development of the required designs, work scope and schedules.
- Responsible for the cost and performance of certain assets on the system which may include reliability analysis and trending of system events and monitoring of equipment condition.
- Responsible for the development, justification and approval of the Asset Family Plan activities over a multi-year horizon and for ongoing projects
- Ensures that the design and specification of additions, modifications and replacements to the transmission and distribution system, and the preparation of special gas permits and easements are completed accurately and on time.
- Responsible for the development of preliminary and detailed engineering designs, as necessary.
- Collaborates with other Engineers within Engineering to ensure consistency across the organization.
- Provides technical support and direction to operating areas relative to system priorities, engineering guidelines and operating and maintenance procedures and construction standards.
- Accountable for root-cause analysis, development and implementation of Gas Engineering corrective actions.
- Responsible for the evaluation and selection of technology and equipment for the system.
- Supports the development of standards and procedures for design, operation and maintenance, and emergency response.
- Presents scope and progress of projects, results of studies and new tools, equipment and procedures to Gas Business leadership
- Assumes the role of the Manager as required.
- Knowledge of gas systems and components.
- Knowledge of gas design standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of all gas industry codes and standards.
- · Capability to effectively communicate ideas and direction, both written and orally.
Education: Requires a BS Engineering
Experiences: Minimum of eight (8) years in the technical, operational, or engineering aspects of the gas utility industry. Supervisory experience preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: PE Preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The salary range for this position starts at $133,570.00 and the market rate is $148,410.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of our benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs