APDerm Management, LLC Practice Manager II Marlboro, Westford, Leominster, Concord, Ayer in Ayer, Massachusetts
We are looking for a Practice Manager II to join our growing team. Physician practice managers work within the medical practices and develop/oversee business strategy, manage budget and oversee day-to-day operations (scheduling, billing, collections, etc.). He/she will ensure that the business needs of the practice are met and actively work to recruit new patients. You must be able to travel to all locations.
Are you looking for a rewarding career as a Practice Manager? Come to work for APDerm and take advantage of our competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for growth, to include:
Clinical Training Program to prepare experienced Practice Managers with no Dermatology experience to be successful in their role
Medical Partner of Choice Program – a newly developed program at APDerm that maps out career advancement and multiple avenues for growth
Generous Tuition Reimbursement that can be used for Medical Assistant certification programs
40% discount on cosmetic services and skincare products
Comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, 401(k) with generous company match, health savings account (HSA), generous PTO and holidays, and much more!
At Adult & Pediatric Dermatology, PC, we are dedicated to creating a caring, professional, patient-centered experience for state-of-the-art medical, surgical, and aesthetic dermatology and dermatopathology. By treating every patient as an individual, we seek to customize a plan of care to match each patient’s needs and priorities. We strive to deliver exceptional dermatologic care by making comprehensive dermatology services available and accessible to our patients within their communities. We support our primary care healthcare providers with easy access and rapid communication. We empower our patients with information to participate in the goal of achieving healthy skin. Our highly trained providers and staff work as a team to provide excellent, coordinated, cost-effective dermatology care.
The Practice Manager is responsible for:
• Day-to-day multiple practice operations with commitment to providing the highest quality of service to patients.
• Ensuring the quality support services are provided by implementing and maintaining policies and procedures related to the practice operations by providing dermatological services.
• Expected duties include but are not limited to: ensuring high levels of patient satisfaction and utilizing clinical protocols and best practice standards.
• Overseeing clinical and nonclinical support staff.
• Overseeing all Human Resources activities for the staff within the clinics, including those related to hiring, orienting, training, disciplining, terminating, performance evaluation, goal-setting, and employee relations.
• Providing oversight and directing the daily clinic operations.
• Overseeing and monitoring patient wait times and patient flow, and works closely with clinical support staff, coordinators, and receptionist to enhance these processes.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with physicians, management, staff, patients, and other customers.
• Strong capacity to recruit and develop staff
• Excellent communication (both oral and written), organizational and presentation skills
• Demonstrate strong customer service skills, including the ability to use appropriate judgment, independent thinking and creativity when resolving customer issues.
• Initiative and ability to work independently, lead/work in teams, and dealing persuasively and effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in varying stages of development.
• Must be innovative and react quickly to new opportunities for improvements.
• Ability to effectively handle challenging situations, and to balance and shift multiple priorities.
• Ability to support multiple locations, consistently ensure presence at each location.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential patient and employee information.
• Systems skills including Microsoft Office Suite, scheduling, billing systems and EMR.
• Complete Administrative Proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Web-based applications, email, HRIS systems)
• THIS POSITION REQUIRES WORK TO BE PERFORMED AT MULTIPLE LOCATIONS / EMPLOYEE MUST BE ABLE TO WORK/COMMUTE TO ALL SITES.
• The successful completion of a bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred or, in lieu of a degree, significant management experience (5+yrs) required.
• Minimum of 5 years of healthcare experience preferred.
• Multi clinic location management preferred.
• Knowledge of Athena, Epic, Centricity EMR systems a plus.
• Must have a valid driver's license and be willing and able to drive to all clinical locations.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY (CONSTANTLY, FREQUENTLY, OCCASIONALLY, RARE):
Physical Activity Frequency Physical Activity Frequency
Climbing 8 Hours / Frequently Pushing 8 Hours / Frequently
Balancing 8 Hours / Frequently Pulling 8 Hours / Frequently
Stooping 8 Hours / Frequently Lifting 8 Hours / Frequently
Kneeling 8 Hours / Frequently Fingering 8 Hours / Frequently
Crouching 8 Hours / Frequently Grasping 8 Hours / Frequently
Crawling 8 Hours / Frequently Feeling 8 Hours / Frequently
Reaching 8 Hours / Frequently Talking 8 Hours / Frequently
Standing 8 Hours / Frequently Hearing 8 Hours / Frequently
Walking 8 Hours / Frequently Repetitive Motion 8 Hours / Frequently
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employer Opportunity statement:
APDerm provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, APDerm complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
APDerm and its affiliates expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.