Instrumentation Laboratory - Bedford International Customer Service Coordinator I in Bedford, Massachusetts
Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
Under close supervision, receives and enters customer orders in the system, confirms receipt with distributors and provides order confirmation or pro-forma invoice with the required information to Distributors. Responds to telephone calls from internal and external customers. Interacts with other internal departments, as needed, to expedite customer and field requests and meet deadlines requested.
• Receives and processes customer orders in the system according to the company policy; Confirms receipt or orders with the distributor.
• Responds to customer inquiries; uses a computer support system to enter and track all data.
• Monitors the backorder report, following the packing and export process as described in guidelines, expediting with Warehouse or Operations as required.
• Provides information about products, availability and pricing to internal and external customers
• Interacts with Sales team regarding special conditions
• Evaluates return goods authorizations and provides credits to distributors and affiliates with assistance from manager
• Runs performance reports as assigned to ensure accounts are being managed according to department/company guidelines
• Interacts with different departments to redirect requests from customers; escalates to Management when necessary
• Other duties as assigned
Budget managed (if applicable)
Internal Networking/Key relationships
To be determined based on department needs, to include interactions such as:
• Planning team
• North America Commercial Operations
• Operations & Manufacturing
• Worldwide Marketing
• QA and Regulatory
Skills & Capabilities:
The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit the following skills and capabilities:
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to navigate and manage customer complaints and objections
• Strong problem solving
• Proven attention to detail
• Ability to analyze and apply sound judgement to issue resolution
• Good time management skills; Ability to prioritize and organize workload in a fast-paced environment
Minimum Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
• Education: Associate’s Degree in Business or related field required. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field preferred, or equivalent experience
o Minimum 2 years’ experience in a customer service environment.
• Additional Skills/Knowledge:
o Basic Microsoft Office skills required.
o Basic pivot table knowledge a plus
o Ability to navigate in an SAP ERP System preferred
o Language: Fluency in English as well as one of the following languages required: Spanish, French, Portuguese. (according to assigned country accounts).
• Required: No
• Approximately 5% of time
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialties of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.
Job ID: 2021-4270
Street: 180 Hartwell Road