Astadia, Inc. Sr. Network Engineer in Bedford, Massachusetts
Sr. Network Engineer - Full-time onsite in Bedford / Billerica, MA
We are in search of a professional Senior Network Engineer to join our IT and Support team on an immediate basis. As a Senior Network Engineer, your role will be to develop as well as maintain the functioning and security of the networks. This will include the networks in our office premises and the cloud.
Being the ideal candidate, you will be establishing networks that would cater to the customer requirements as well. You will also optimize and troubleshoot our networks for our users. To be successful in this role, you ought to have a solid understanding of network architecture. You also need to be well versed in network administration practices.
If you have outstanding problem-solving skills and are capable of monitoring complex networks with ease, we certainly would like to see you. You can send in your applications and earn an opportunity to be a part of a dynamic team.
· Design and deploy functional networks such as LAN, WAN, and WLAN.
· Configure and install servers, software, routers, and several other networking devices.
· Monitor network performance on a regular basis.
· Resolve support issues that have escalated via the local infrastructure or troubleshoot the cloud.
· Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness.
· Mentor the team members on different technical issues.
· Create, test and oversee security measures by implementing network enhancements.
· Communicate with the users as and when required.
· Maintain and update the technical reports on a timely basis.
· Suggest improvements to boost the network’s capacity, performance, and scalability.
· Be updated about the latest developments in network technologies.
· BA/BSc degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field. · 2+ years of experience as a Sr. Network Engineer or related role in the IT industry.
· Professional Computer Network Certifications CCNA
· Candidates having experience with networks like WAN will be preferred.
· Excellent knowledge of network architecture and network administration.
· Thorough understanding of communication protocols like TCP/IP and routing protocols like OSPF and BGP.
· Understanding of network security and access control models.
· Understanding of Palo Alto Firewalls
· Know-how about coding languages for scripting such as Perl and Python.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills.
· Good communication skills.
Nice to Have
· Professional Computer Network Certifications like CCNA, CCNP
We have a total commitment to diversity with the goal that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Astadia has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
Astadia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state or local law.
Requesting an Accommodation
Astadia is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Astadia and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.