Microchip Technology Associate FAE- Embedded Solutions Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
Our Northeast Sales and Application team is seeking a unique individual with 0-2 years of experience in embedded systems and outstanding technical skills.
As an Associate Embedded Solution Engineer (FAE), you will utilize your engineering design skills, techniques and knowledge to decrease client development time, reduce overall system cost and improve the performance of our client’s end products. You will also provide hardware, firmware, middleware and development tools support for clients to accelerate their product development schedule. You will become a trusted technical advisor. This position will expose you to a wide variety of challenging applications spanning consumer, transportation, medical, military, and security markets.
Microchip Technology offers meaningful opportunities, promoting fairness, integrity and employee empowerment, in a dynamic work environment.
Primarily customer engagement role to drive design wins to revenue at large accounts, by providing in-depth engineering support including creation of demos or proof of concepts to end customers. Some specific embedded expertise may be required. Visiting, training and advising customers are also part of the job.
Reports to Embedded Solutions Engineer (FAE) Manager based in Boston, MA
Main Functions include:
• Provide in-depth engineering support and assist customers with hardware and software development
• Adapt existing reference designs to address specific customer needs
• Develop proof-of-concept solutions for helping our clients get familiar with Microchip products.
• Review technical collateral created by the team or by other Business Units.
• Collaborate with internal groups (Quality, Business Units, Sales and others) to drive quality improvements and resolve client issues.
• Will be member of a function expertise team
• Willingness to travel to receive training or to support other regions as needed
• BSc or BEng in Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
• Experience in design or technical support is appreciated
• Demonstrable skills and experience in embedded systems
• Experience in 8, 16 and/or 32-bit Microcontrollers based systems design
• Experienced in embedded C programming language. Embedded Linux knowledge is a plus
• Experienced in security and IoT
• Work effectively with Field Sales colleagues and teams
• Ability to operate under minimal guidance and assume personal responsibility/accountability comfortably
• Establish trust and credibility with customers, distributors and regional team
• Effectively manage prioritization of a large number of opportunities and customers
• Self starting learner – proactively keeps up to date with new technologies and products
• Work effectively with other regions and divisional applications
• Proficient written and verbal skills in English
• Accomplished Presentation and Training skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
Microchip is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Disabled / Veterans / Minorities / Women. We provide equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the EEO is the Law Poster and the EEO is the Law Poster Supplement. Please also refer to the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Applicants with Disabilities
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send us an email here with "Applicant Accommodation Request" in the subject line of the email. Alternatively, you may call us at 480-730-7330 to let us know the nature of your request.
- Microchip Technology Jobs