Under Armour, Inc. Associate Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Date: Aug 2, 2022
Location: Boston, MA, US, 2116
Company: Under Armour
Under Armour has one mission: to make you better. We have a commitment to innovation that lies at the heart of everything we do, not just for our athletes but also for our teammates. As a global organization, our teams around the world push boundaries and think beyond what is expected. Together our teammates are unified by our values and are grounded in our vision to inspire you with performance solutions you never knew you needed but can’t imagine living without.
The Associate Store Manager supports the Store Manager in developing and implementing the business strategy and leading the daily operations of the store. In partnership with the Store Manager, the Associate Store Manager is accountable for driving results by effectively teaching, training and coaching into a high performing store team that achieves sales goals, meets merchandising brand standards and delivers operational excellence. The Associate Store Manager is expected to role model Under Armour’s Core Competencies and I WILL behaviors in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Teammate and Athlete experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Motivate and inspire the team by delivering a compelling vision and purpose which encompasses Under Armour’s Core Competencies and I WILL behaviors.
• Act as the leader on duty and consistently models the brand’s Athlete service standards and selling behaviors.
• Establish and communicate clear expectations while holding the store team accountable for achieving all brand, performance and behavior standards.
• Build and support effective relationships with all teammates, peers and supervisors to effectively lead positive change.
• Supports the Store Manager through effective execution of all performance management tools.
• Effectively communicate with the management team to align and help drive business strategy.
• Proactively seek personal learning and development opportunities to build leadership skill set and enhance individual performance.
• Ensure total Store Accountability for all Under Armour Policies and Procedures.
• Support the Store Manager in establishing and executing a strategic plan to achieve planned sales and key performance indicators for all time periods.
• Analyze reporting and daily sales trends to make real-time strategic business decisions to drive results.
• Train and develop team on business acumen to drive business performance.
• Build Athlete loyalty through in-store experience, through the use of Athlete data capture, endless aisle and the understanding of Connected Fitness applications.
• Maintain Under Armour brand standards of neat, clean and organized sales floor, cash wrap and fitting room ensuring store environment is safe for teammates and athletes.
• Support/Lead the efficient and productive handling of all merchandise including shipment receipt and processing, floorsets, markdown optimization and replenishment systems while maintaining backroom standards.
• Oversee and ensure efficiency of all daily operational procedures.
• Ensure store audit compliance and shrink results meet company loss prevention standards.
• Manage payroll and schedule adjustments effectively to maximize productivity to achieve payroll and sales targets.
• Lead and support all visual directives ensuring mapping and floorset are properly planned, scheduled and executed seamlessly within allotted timeframe.
• Analyze merchandise reports and direct brand appropriate merchandising moves to maximize presentation and drive sales.
• Partner with Merchandising DOR to ensure all aspects of replenishment are properly executed - Fill the Floor, power closes, power opens and merchandise adjustments.
• Lead and support efficient and effective day to day store merchandising by ensuring that the store team understands and maintains Under Armour brand standards and sell through adjustments are held true to the Floor Set overview.
• Perform “level-sets” and make sure the store is replenished by pushing all goods to the floor.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holidays, nights and weekends.
• Computer and technology proficient.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with athletes and store team.
• Ability to move or handle merchandise up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to freely access all areas of the store; including the selling floor, stock and register area.
• Strong prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving & planning skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of employment laws including compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
• Strong communication, presentation, delegation and follow-up skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in sales generation, training, and leading of functional teams.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze business trends and reporting to drive sales.
• Demonstrated ability to coach, provide feedback and manage substandard performance.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to perform Essential Job Functions.
Education And / Or Experience
• Minimum high school education or equivalent.
• Minimum of 4 - 5 years of retail or equivalent management experience preferred.
• Recruit, hire, develop and retain a high performing store team.
• Teach, train and coach the store team through successful completion of Division of Responsibilities (DOR) to develop future leaders for the company.
• Support succession plans to ensure career paths for all teammates; encourage teammates to pursue internal opportunities.
• Recognize and properly resolve teammate performance issues; communicate high priority issues to the Store Manager in a timely manner and collaborate to develop a plan for resolution to minimize risk.
• Consistently assess and provide ongoing performance feedback on QB skills, job expectations and Core Competencies through real-time coaching, scheduled touchbases, individual development planning and the performance review process.
• Support the mid-year and annual review process for all teammates by providing feedback on teammates’ performance to Store Manager.
• Proactively networks, recruits and interviews based on assessments to ensure staffed at all times.
• Drive teammate engagement by recognizing and rewarding teammates for their outstanding performance.
• Ensure that teammates adhere to and enforces all employment practices and policies.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Learn more about Under Armour’s COVID-19 response and Teammate vaccination policies here .
Under Armour, Inc.
- Under Armour, Inc. Jobs