PPD Associate Scientist - Sample Management , Reference Standards , HPLC , GMP in Boston, Massachusetts
In labs and health care facilities worldwide - HERE WE ARE
PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health.
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry and continues to deliver innovative solutions to our customers through our collaborative approach, including PPD Laboratories FSP. PPD Laboratories FSP is a unique partnership that allows our customers to leverage the experience of our PPD staff, while allowing you, the employee, to gain direct experience working onsite at a pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical company, all while maintaining full-time benefits/advantages of being a part of PPD.
As anAssociate Scientist, you will join the customer Release and Stability QC Laboratory team supporting a variety of GMP functions that occur. You will provide day-to-day support of Reference Standard and Release and Stability.
Additional responsibilities for the role on site at a major pharmaceutical company: * Perform in-process, release, and stability testing independently following established methodology, procedures, and SOPs * Supports development reference standard program by maintaining database, shipping standards and ensuring inventory is accurate. * Perform Stability pulls and deliver samples to various departments * Manage sample receipt of incoming material and timely shipment of samples * Maintain accurate testing records and adhere to cGMP/GDP expectations * May participate in executing method validations and/or method transfers * Assist in troubleshooting of analytical methods with the assistance of manager when necessary * Report OOT/OOS results and other deviations to area management. * Perform other laboratory duties as assigned.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk, our award-winning training programs speak for themselves.
Join PPD in our relentless pursuit of excellence - apply now!
Education and Experience: * Bachelor's degree in the life or physical sciences with a preference for a concentration in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or Pharmaceutical Chemistry or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification * Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 0-2 year's ) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.) with preference to those with 1 years of experience * Experience with LIMS or data management systems strongly preferred * GMP experience strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory authority, compendia and ICH guidelines
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical analytical testing techniques and equipment- HPLC, GC, Dissolution, KF
- Ability to understand and independently apply GMPs and /or GLPs to everyday work with regard to documentation and instrument use
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail organizations skills
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Excel and Word to perform tasks
- Ability to independently optimize analytical methods
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Time management and project management skills
- Problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
*Working Environment: *
/PPD values the health and well being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role/:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements, including infectious agents, typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities. PPD Defining Principles:
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
Keywords: "sample management" , "GMP", "HPLC" , "reference standards" , "sample coordinator"
Organization: *US BU
Title: Associate Scientist - Sample Management , Reference Standards , HPLC , GMP
Location: MA-Boston-FSP Boston MA
Requisition ID: 202529
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group
- PPD Jobs