Amazon BIE - Multiple Locations, US in Boston, Massachusetts
Business Intelligence Engineer
Come build the future as a Business Intelligence Engineer at Amazon, where you will be inspired working along best-in-class inventors and innovators! You will have the opportunity to create meaningful experiences that deliver on the ever-evolving needs of our customers, and your work will impact millions of people around the world.
As an Amazon Business Intelligence Engineer, you will solve unique and complex problems at a rapid pace, utilizing the latest technologies to create solutions that are highly scalable. You will find that there is an unlimited number of opportunities within Amazon, where developing your career across a wide range of teams is highly supported. We are committed to making your work experience as enjoyable as the experiences you’ll be creating for our customers.
Apply now and you will be eligible for Amazon Business Intelligence Engineer positions that are based on your preferred location, team, and more. We’re hiring across Amazon Stores in the United States and Canada.
Teams with available positions include, but are not limited to:
• Consumer Technology: Build new generation features and products for amazon.com, constantly improving the Customer and Seller experience for billions around the globe. Whether building site wide features such as reviews and recommendations, category specific software for the likes of Pharmacy, Electronics, Digital Software and Video Games or seller infrastructure, there are a variety of complex problems to tackle using a range of technologies in the design of your technical solutions.
• Operations Technology: Shape the future of transportation planning and execution on a global scale, that impacts hundreds of fulfillment centers, thousands of Amazonians, and millions of customers across the world. Your technology will support thousands of operators worldwide to design, build and run the best-in-class Amazon transportation network. We are building intelligent software to make transportation more reliable, faster, and less costly, providing a better and less expensive experience for our customers.
• Human Resources Technology: Create a seamless experience for millions of Amazonians and/or candidates. Whether supporting technologies for onboarding, time and attendance, compensation, amazon.jobs, or recruiting, you’ll deliver robust feature sets, elegant designs, intuitive user interfaces and systems that make it easy for Amazonians to excel at performing critical business functions.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign opportunities based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded contributor.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Key job responsibilities
• You will utilize your deep expertise in business analysis, metrics, reporting, and analytic tools/languages like SQL, Excel, and others, to translate data into meaningful insights through collaboration with scientists, software engineers, data engineers and business analysts.
• You will have end-to-end ownership of operational, financial, and technical aspects of the insights you are building for the business, and will play an integral role in strategic decision-making.
• Conduct deep dive analyses of business problems and formulate conclusions and recommendations to be presented to senior leadership
• Produce written recommendations and insights that will help shape effective metric development and reporting for key stakeholders
• Simplify and automate reporting, audits and other data-driven activities
• Partner with Engineering teams to enhance data infrastructure, data availability, and broad access to customer insights
• To develop and drive best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
• Learn new technology and techniques to meaningfully support product and process innovation
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Arlington, VA, USA | Atlanta, GA, USA | Boston, MA, USA | Chicago, IL, USA | Detroit, MI, USA | Minneapolis, MN, USA | Nashville, TN, USA | New York, NY, USA | Pittsburgh, PA, USA
At least 4+ years of experience using SQL to query data from databases/data warehouses/cloud data sources/etc. (e.g., Redshift, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, BigQuery, etc.).
Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools.
Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Math, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related quantitative field.
Ability to operate successfully and independently in a fast-paced environment.
Comfort with ambiguity and eagerness to learn new skills.
Experience with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift
Experience in data mining, ETL, etc. and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
Experience with creating and building predictive/optimization tools that benefit the business and improve customer experience
Experience articulating business questions and using quantitative techniques to drive insights for business.
Experience in dealing with technical and non-technical senior level managers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $79,600/year in our lowest geographic market up to $185,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
- Amazon Jobs