Fedcap Commercial Cleaning Training Instructor in Boston, Massachusetts
We are hiring in Boston, Massachusetts! Join us at Community Work Services (CWS) for an exciting career as a Commercial Cleaning Instructor!
Mission: To help people who face barriers to work obtain employment and achieve self-sufficiency through innovative job training, placement, and support services www.cwsnewengland.org.
Community Work Services (CWS) was founded in 1877 as the Cooperative Society of Visitors Among the Poor of Boston to provide services to the poor of Boston and address the roots of poverty through employment, education, and housing improvements. Its founder, Annie Fields, is said to have been a transitional figure in the development of a professional social-service network. Mrs. Fields hoped to apply business principles and efficiency to benevolent activities and charity work. Today CWS provides job placement, training, and support services in the Boston area.
Community Work Services joined The Fedcap Group in 2013
Job Title: Commercial Cleaning Instructor
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, Middlesex County House of Correction
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Type: Part-time
This position will instruct program participants in Commercial Cleaning Training and prepare them for competitive employment in the commercial services industry while providing excellent cleaning services to the Middlesex County House of Correction.
This position monitors and communicates program participant's progress with the Commercial Cleaning Program Coordinator, the Workforce Development team, and appropriate employees of the Middlesex County House of Correction in addition to supporting participants during the job search period. Builds and maintains positive customer relations with the House of Correction, ensuring customer satisfaction and adherence to contract and scope of services. Performs other instructional and administrative duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
Commercial Cleaning Training
- Responsible for the instruction of trainees in the Commercial Cleaning Training Program using existing curriculum.
- Provide supervision of program participants enrolled in Commercial Cleaning Training Program who provide cleaning and custodial services to the Middlesex County House of Correction.
- Assign and review training activities during classroom training period in Commercial Cleaning Training Program to determine participant potential for progress into a competitive work. environment including assessing skill level at entry into program.
- Responsible for the safety of program participants in training program; reports urgent participant issues to appropriate parties in a timely fashion.
- Maintain cleanliness of Middlesex County House of Correction assigned areas.
- Complete Training at the Chelmsford Training Academy.
- Schedule and coordinate classes within the House of Correction.
- Maintain complete and accurate daily participant attendance and punctuality documentation through manual and computerized attendance sheets.
- Maintain and execute inventory of cleaning supplies and report needs directly to Commercial Cleaning Program Coordinator.
- Maintain good customer relations with the Middlesex Sheriff's Department.
- Assist the Commercial Cleaning Program Coordinator and Workforce Development Department in identifying transitional employment opportunities for program participants.
Workforce Development Team Support
- Prepare accurate and timely feedback to Case Managers on participant training progress and hands on skills and work behaviors; participates in case conferences as needed.
- Assist the Sheriff's Department with recruitment of candidates for the training program and participate in assessment, completion and placement support activities.
- Conduct assessments and relay feedback to the Workforce Development team regarding potential candidates for transitional employment positions.
- Support and mentor trainees utilizing a positive and encouraging approach in accordance with the guidelines of the Sheriff's Department.
- Attend weekly meetings with Program Coordinator and Sheriff's Department if requested. *
Assist WFD with placement assistance including employment-partnerships prior to and during job search.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree
- Five years of practical experience in the field of Commercial Cleaning
- Teaching experience strongly preferred
- Experience working in and/or ability to demonstrate commitment to nonprofit work targeting economically disadvantaged populations: youth, homeless, elderly, ex-offenders, low wage earners, individuals with disabilities, working families, un/underemployed, and hard-to-place individuals, highly preferred.
- Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled