Brookline Bancorp, Inc. Credit Analyst - Boston, MA in Boston, Massachusetts
To analyze and underwrite credit requests for Bank prospects and customers and to maintain and monitor loans within the portfolio under the supervision of lending officers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyze and underwrite credit requests in a timely fashion by using some or all of the following resources: applications, spreads, financial statements, tax returns, credit bureaus, meetings with customers/prospects, appraisals, web research and other resources as necessary.
• Determine if request is in compliance with Bank policy and note any exceptions.
• Discuss deal structure, cash flow, collateral, and customer character with Relationship Managers (RM).
• Accompany RM on customer calls and interact with customers in person and over the phone as directed by lender.
• Interact with financial professionals including CPA’s, CFO’s, etc. as needed to assist in the underwriting of credit memos.
• Present written analysis and observe presentations by lenders.
• Conducts market surveys through contact with brokers, online research, etc.
• Manage existing portfolio of customers by tracking and preparing annual reviews of relationship obligations.
• Maintain tracking database with updated information as needed.
• Identify potential problem loans and deficiencies.
• Assist customers when needed with questions regarding loans and retail products.
• Performs other related duties as required or directed
Job Specifications (Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required)
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
• Minimum of (2) two years of commercial credit experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Extensive knowledge of PC applications, including Excel, Word and Access
• Be well versed in the Bank’s credit policy and underwriting standards
• Be familiar with and fulfill compliance requirements
Consistently demonstrate behaviors associated with Brookline Bancorp’s Core Four values: adaptability, accountability, leadership, and teamwork.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. This job description is subject to change at any time.
External Company Name: Brookline Bancorp, Inc.
External Company URL: www.brooklinebank.com
Street: 131 Clarendon Street