Amazon Web Services Data Engineer - AWS New Initiative in Boston, Massachusetts
AWS is building several new analytics-driven services that will transform the sales and marketing ecosystem. We are looking for a Data Engineer that can work comfortably with extracting, ingesting, and maintaining various datasets while maintaining data quality attributes and metadata catalog. You will be responsible to design, implement and maintain scalable ETL systems to support the rapidly growing business demand for structured and unstructured data. You should have experience building ETL systems while maintaining the highest standards for security and operational excellence. As a Data Engineer you will collaborate with the product managers, Data Scientists and Engineering teams to identify and ingest data sets.
If you are a passionate learner looking to be part of a new strategic AWS initiative, have a startup-DNA, and want to create the next-generation sales engagement offerings, contact us to learn more!
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Data Engineer, you will routinely work to extract, transform and load datasets from various sources, catalog and maintain data quality attributes. You should be comfortable at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from various systems into the data lake and into end-user facing applications. The role requires experience in SQL Java/Python, Big Data systems and frameworks, as well as large scale data processing.
Location: Strong preference for this position to be in Boston, but open to these additional locations: Seattle, WA, Dallas, TX and Arlington, VA. Relocation offered from within the US to any of these locations.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 4-5+ years industry experience
· Must have one year of experience in the following skill(s): (1) Developing and operating large-scale ETL/ELT processes; database technologies; data modeling (2) Experience with at least one relational database technology such as Redshift, RDS, Oracle, Postgres
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
· Proficiency in SQL, Java or Python
· Experience with at least one massively parallel processing data technology such as Redshift, Spark or Hadoop based big data solutions
· Master's/PhD degree in or Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
· Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
· Query performance tuning skills using Unix/Linux profiling tools and SQL
· Experience with AWS Tools and Technologies (Redshift, S3, EC2, Glue, Lambda, Sage Maker)
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs