Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Director Of Guest Services in Boston, Massachusetts
Onyx Hotel is highly independent and carefully curate for authenticity. The relaxed intimate, family-style atmosphere is intentional and nurtured by staff with a warm, unpretentious, "wicked smaht" mindset. Bridging the distance between tailored design and urban edge. Onyx is home to originals, the micro brand, the underdog. Guests enjoy a moody red lounge-style lobby and handsome guest rooms with intentionally unexpected winks designed to create smiles.
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: The Director of Guest Services is responsible for providing quality guest service within the guidelines specified by the hotel management. Oversees all Front Office operations and the overall guest experience throughout the property. (Front Desk, Concierge, Bell, Valet Services, Night Audit, InRoom Dining).
Your day-to-day: Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Oversee and supervise all duties performed by all Front Office employees.
- Sets and maintain high level of guest service and responds to social media sites.
- Providing support for the line staff.
- Assist with scheduling for all areas of Front Office operations.
- Works closely with all operations managers to ensure all company standards are met and company culture and programs are supported and encouraged.
- Monitor and maintain property interfaces.
- Ensure proper training of all employees working in front office areas.
- Coaching, counseling, and disciplining all the shift employees along with the department managers.
- Indirectly responsible for overseeing the other hotel departments, such as, Security, Engineering, Reservations, and Housekeeping.
Specific experience we're seeking:
- This position is for a candidate looking to be a Hotel Assistant General Manager with Kimpton Hotels within two years.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).