Cabot Corporation Global Product Optimization Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Cabot is looking for a Global Product Optimization Manager who will support cross regional and business supply and demand balancing optimizations for the Reinforcement Materials network. This person will provide expertise to regional product managers in solving complicated supply demand issues. They will drive global sourcing optimization to improve earnings and NWC considering the products life cycle. Lastly, they will have key interfaces with Global Product Managers of other businesses and Regional Planning Managers in P2D (Plan to Deliver).
• Facilitates resolution of regional sourcing conflicts and/or gaps across RM regions and other businesses. Works with other global product managers & regional P2D planning managers to resolve shared unit conflicts. Leads final resolution of escalated conflicts and issues at the executive and business level.
• Leads the RM global budget process ensuring integrity of planning data used in Blue Yonder (JDA) across the budgeting cycle and an appropriate balancing of the global RM production network. This position will coordinate with Manufacturing organization a planned downtime schedule program for Budget FY that matches with Corporate guidelines.
• Manages initiatives to optimize business assets (plant and inventory) and streamline business practices. Provide input of business guidance to the GBS organization on the development and maintenance of global Supply Chain performance measurements and reporting worldwide.
• Leads the Global RM S&OP reviews and drives decisions to solve global imbalances and capture optimization opportunities.
• Proactively identifies medium and long-term supply imbalances and works with various regions and businesses to implement solutions
• Coordinate with Manufacturing organization in evaluating and tracking availability related improvement opportunities and actions.
• Works with the regions to establish budget targets of NWC/Inventory levels and interacts with the regional teams to ensure the business is meeting targets and reducing exposure to feedstock lag.
• Establish and support best practice sharing amongst regional product managers.
• Lead the Carbon Black Asset Roadmap periodic updating and tracking of action plans.
• Lead optimization or other business projects, such as capacity investments and profit-improvement projects.
• Identification of outliers and grade opportunities to improve margins
•Bachelor/University degree or higher in Science supported by a business degree—MBA preferred.
• 10+ years’ experience in value-chain processes. Experience in a global Supply Chain environment, JDA experience preferred
• Broad understanding of Cabot businesses and products; general business practices. In-depth knowledge of Supply Chain at a global level. Extensive knowledge of financial and working capital requirements; knowledge of Cabot’s organization and cross-functional capabilities.
• Business management skills in order to formulate and monitor budgets, expenses and manage costs.
• Leadership skills. Ability to motivate and influence cross-functional groups into action.
• Planning and organizational skills. Ability to consolidate large volume of information into cohesive, integrated plans.
• Ability to communicate with clarity both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to review and interpret diverse data from multiple sources and geographies; understand interdependencies, cause and effect. Strategic and creative thinker
Cabot Corporation is a leading global specialty chemicals and performance materials company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
We strive to be the most innovative, respected and responsible leader in our markets — delivering performance that makes a difference. As a market leader we collaborate with customers to find innovative solutions that will help them advance their own products for a wide range of industries, from transportation and infrastructure to environment and consumer goods. Our customers worldwide trust our solutions to help them address their needs and accelerate innovation in key applications — creating value and delivering an advantage over the competition. To learn more about Cabot products and applications please click here.
Our culture is based on four core values: respect, integrity, responsibility and excellence in everything we do. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and place high value in creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can contribute, thrive, and advance. We strive to create an environment that is conducive to the spirit of entrepreneurship, innovation and accountability, and empowers every team member to take responsibility for the execution of our strategy. We support and encourage our people to share ideas and explore ways to do things differently. Our passion for excellence and commitment to creating value and business success creates a culture in which everyone can contribute. We are known as one of the global leaders in safety, health and environmental performance, motivated in large part by the commitment and drive of our colleagues around the world.
Our global network consists of over 40 manufacturing facilities throughout North America, South America, EMEA, and APAC regions.
Realizing we function better together than individually, Cabot Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and to empower employees to achieve exceptional results, without consideration of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employees’ and applicants’ disabilities or religious beliefs and practices, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition ID: 2021-10569
External Company URL: www.cabot-corp.com